More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: VT San Antonio Aerospace, Inc.
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/9/2019 12:01:32 AM
The Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief is accountable to the appropriate manager for overseeing the work accomplished by the repair station on specific aircraft programs.The aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief coordinates and issues specific task assignments and oversees the timely accomplishment of each task, assuring a high quality product that meets all applicable company, customer and FAA requirements.
1. Train and assist subordinates in the proper work procedures and practices to be followed.
2. Prioritize daily work requirements according to schedule and manpower availability. Assign tasks to qualified Mechanics and Technicians according to work scope requirements, assuring that all technical instructions, blueprints, specifications, etc. are clearly understood.
3. Provide technical assistance to Mechanics and Technicians on specific task assignments as necessary to assure all maintenance is performed properly,
resulting in a high quality, airworthy product.
4. Indoctrinate new personnel in observing applicable safety precautions and quality of workmanship standards relevant to the functions for which they
may be utilized.Reinforce the highest standards of safety and quality workmanship from all departmental personnel.
5. Monitor the progress of daily tasks to ensure the program remains on schedule and to detect any problems.Document details of tasks that were scheduled and assigned but were unable to be completed.
6. Work with customers and core team members to discuss workflow, identify areas of concern, and formulate strategies to resolve problems that threaten to
impact the aircraft schedule.
7. Assure that all maintenance is properly performed and recorded using the proper form and manner, consistent with all applicable company, customer, and
8. Interact with the appropriate manager as necessary to assure adequate coverage and continuity of personnel.
9. Assure the proper tagging and handling of all parts processed.Maintain the preservation of all units or parts during the work process, installation and storage.
10. Monitor housekeeping and safety practices within the hangars and around aircraft to assure the premises are maintained in a clean and orderly manner,
creating a safe and healthy environment.Conduct regular safety meetings to remind employees of company safety policies and housekeeping requirements, specific employee responsibilities, and current issues.
11. Assure that authorized personnel execute all necessary maintenance entries on maintenance forms and work orders used by the repair station.
12. Utilize personal computer to research technical data or parts requirements and assure that only approved data and parts are utilized during
High School Diploma or GED.Must have appropriate FAA certification.Minimum of 3 years' experience as mechanic working on heavy aircraft; 1 year as lead mechanic.Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and various other technical data, i.e., Structural Repair Manual (SRM), General Maintenance Manual (GMM), etc.Must have a valid Texas driver's license to operate moving equipment and machinery.Must have ability to work overtime as necessary and work independently.Problem resolution and good interpersonal skills working with all organizational levels is a must. Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
SUPERVISION: Under direction. Normally performs duties according to his or her own judgment, requesting Manager assistance only when necessary. The assignment is frequently reviewed upon completion.
INTERPERSONAL RELATION: A moderate level of interpersonal skills is required to maintain an effective relationship with co-workers and supervision.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT: Requires easy mobility around various sections of aircraft and the dexterity to remove and replace parts in a timely manner. Requires mental skills and quickness with the ability to cope with stress and intense effort or exertion usually caused by long working hours. Must have the capacity to gain knowledge by hearing for one's own safety due to the dangers involved. Working environment requires standing 90% of the workday on hard surfaces. Must be able to lift 50lbs. and report to work regularly.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required. A P License required.
EXPERIENCE: 5 years minimum experience in heavy commercial maintenance.