More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you
This position is for the first line manager of a Flight Test Instrumentation and Data Processing team at Edwards AFB, CA. The team is responsible for installing, maintaining, and processing all aspects of flight test instrumentation and data collected for the Mission Systems and Flight Sciences F35 aircraft. The successful candidate will lead approximately 20 engineers.
Team with the government instrumentation lead to provide joint onsite technical and management oversight to a team of electronics engineers and technicians across a two shift operation. Direct and coordinate test configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the instrumentation systems across a fleet of 7 to 13 aircraft. Oversee the data center consisting of download, reduction, processing, storage, and transmission at multiple classification levels and provide timely, accurate, and focused data products to support F-35 capability development and verifications requirements. Enable autonomous day to day operation with appropriate Fort Worth/Pax River coordination. Frequent communication with internal Lockheed and Government (JPO and AF) upper level management.
Responsibilities will also include coordinating and interacting with several disciplines as they relate to flight test such as maintenance, configuration management, supportability, engineering, flight operations, security and quality.
Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when required.
**Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.**
A level 5 employee Typically has 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
• Significant experience and knowledge of flight test instrumentation and data collection
• Flight Test Instrumentation Experience - Design or Installation or Troubleshooting or Maintenance
• Data Processing Experience - Data Collection and Reduction
• Team Leadership ExperienceDesired Skills:
• Familiarity with AFFTC Processes and Operations
• Ability to demonstrate the five imperatives of Full Spectrum Leadership: Shape the future, Build effective relationships, Energize the team, Deliver results, and Model personal excellence
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite tools
• Integrated Military/Govt/Contractor Test Team Experience
• F-35 Aircraft System Knowledge
• Control Room Experience
• Excellent Communication/Presentation Skills