More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/3/2019 2:36:21 PM
This position is part of an Integrated Program Team (IPT) that owns the business requirements and performance for Navigational Data (Electronic charts, NavData, Geospatial Data) products/programs throughout the product lifecycle. This position drives Navigational Data product definition and roadmaps, manages the development of Navigational Data products, and develops the Navigational Data product maintenance and support requirements.
- Communicates product configuration requirements to Production and technical development in order to efficiently collaborate and coordinate data, asset and product specification development needed to meet the product roadmap targets
- Documents end to end business requirements and understands data needs for Nav Solutions hardware, software (EFB, Mobile etc.) and back-office infrastructure systems.
- Owns the feasibility interface and support between operations and product portfolio management
- Understands Navigation Solutions product roadmaps for all products that need data
- Creates new service request documents for new products
- Defines product data integration and configuration of assets and data for products
- Documents product architecture and describes business process
- Participates in data governance decisions
- Own responsibility for the Navigational Data pricing, pricing schedules, annual pricing updates, product plans, roadmaps, and Navigational Data product release plans.
- Develops new Navigational Data products concepts, which may result in eventual launch, as well as vision documents used to initiate technology development efforts.
- Develops and maintain Navigational Data product/service roadmap including specifying Navigational Data product value proposition, Navigational Data product specifications, service specifications and Navigational Data product pricing strategy
- Manages all aspects of the Navigational Data product Lifecycle Management process including development and presentation of business cases.
- Serves as the single point of contact for all ongoing Navigational Data product decisions, insuring implementation of the decisions, consistency in communication and effective client communication strategies.
- Collaborates closely with all internal and external support organizations including marketing, sales, distribution, support, technology services, data services, legal/contracts and more to drive Navigational Data product decisions.
- Develop competitive response and contingency plans to address market-specific needs.
- Attends trade shows, industry conferences and customers/partners meetings.
- 3+ yrs experience in product development/management, program management and/or financial analysis.
- 2-3 yrs software or data service product development experience helpful.
- Working knowledge of Jeppesen’s back-office data production systems and processes helpful
- Demonstrated ability to create quantitative based business analyses
- Demonstrated ability to translate quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Experience in presenting and communicating ideas to key stakeholders across businesses
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal and team skills
- Working knowledge of RTCA DO-200B quality processes helpful
- Knowledge of U.S. domestic and international aviation regulations, customer requirements, competitors, software products and related technologies.
- MBA preferred
- Experience is GIS preferred
- Experience in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) helpful.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.