More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
Lockheed Martin is looking for an innovative and experienced Mission Architect to design, develop and oversee Space Support to Operations (SSO) mission architectures and systems, including complex MILSATCOM, Remote Sensing (OPIR), and PNT systems. This highly essential role is critical for the successful operation of development activities of major significance to the nation’s military space mission enterprise.
As a Mission Architect Senior Manager, you will:
• Act as the Deputy for the Space Support to Operations (SSO) Advanced Programs Director
• Lead the development of future architecture options and mission roadmaps, in coordination with the Advanced Programs leads and Mission Area Vice Presidents for the MILSATCOM, OPIR, and PNT missions.
• Provide technical oversight for all SSO architecture activities, technology developments and tech insertion plans.
• Lead the Military Space APD relationship with LM Space product centers to translate SSO mission architectures and roadmaps into actionable and affordable product development roadmaps.
• Coordinate with stakeholders across LM Space to identify and exploit technical areas of synergy for military space missions and to develop multi-domain solutions.
• Lead technical interchanges with the LM Space product centers to ensure fidelity to mission needs and technical requirements.
• Coordinate (within the LOB and with LMGA) military space interactions with military “end users” and other organizations developing doctrine and requirements impacting SSO missions.
• Lead military space APD relationships with Government Labs and other organizations developing advanced technologies applicable to SSO missions.
• In coordination with the Space Security AP lead, conduct threat analysis and develop mitigation options to ensure SSO architectures provide mission assurance against the full range of emerging threats to SSO missions.
• Continuously translate mission needs/requirements into mission systems solutions that meet evolving customer needs in threat conditions, while accounting for design and technology maturity constraints.
• Perform as the APD Program Manager for programs assigned to SSO AP.
• Manage overall SSO AP IRAD budgets, schedules, and performance standards, in coordination with the AP mission leads
• Work with LM Space product centers, Supply Chain organization, and LOB leadership to translate mission and product roadmaps into technology investment and industry partnership decisions
• Lead the APD activities to seek and maintain knowledge of current and developing user requirements doctrine, emerging threats, new technologies, and analysis methodologies
• Work with Business Development and Government Affairs to partner with Government stakeholders to explore mission requirements, architecture options, and mission solutions.
• Conduct briefings and technical meetings for senior management, customer and government representatives
• Build successful teams with internal stakeholders, (Business Development and Central Engineering), as well as with external stakeholders (suppliers, mission partners and USG laboratories.)
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in an engineering field
• Significant senior-level experience in the military space mission areas
• Program Manager experience on a major DoD/IC program
• Demonstrated experience working with and addressing threats to space systems
• Experience developing and deploying small satellite space technology prototypes
• Operational experience with one or more SSO missions
• Technical Leadership: Experience leading a team of highly technical engineers and scientists
• Strong, demonstrated mission understanding of SSO missions
• Highly developed relationships with military space customers and senior executives at the program, service, and DoD levels
• 20 years+ experience with strategic NC3 systems, technologies, or operations
• Demonstrated Program/Project Management and leadership skills
• Strong, well developed, business strategy acumen with a track record of success.
• 20+ years military or industry experience – including the management and execution of technology investments
• Experience in strategy development and critical thinking
• Top Secret security clearanceDesired Skills:
• Systems engineering experience
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and dynamic multi-disciplinary environment
• Knowledge of program management, finance, contracts, Earned Value Management (EVM) and demonstrated business insight
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong social skills, and ability to build consensus among peers while building solid relationships with team members, customers, and leadership
• Ability to lead multi-functional teams and lead multiple teams to communicate and coordinate work as one team with common goals
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering life cycle process and tools
• Recognized as an authority in systems thinking techniques with the demonstrated ability to apply them to a wide range of complex problems and train others in their application
• Space segment design and test experience with one or more subsystems or disciplines outside of Systems Engineering
• Doctorate Degree in Engineering or a related field
• Previous operational military experience.
• TS/SCI security clearance