More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Commercial Jet
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/19/2019 1:55:50 PM
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, the Structures Backshops Manager oversees the structures maintenance department (including composite, sheet mental, interiors) and the Backshops (machine and metal shops). He/she leads, assigns and coordinates personnel for all aircraft structural repairs, maintenance and modifications, making sure that all personnel carry out their respective duties in full accordance to company policies and procedures with the objective of delivering high quality work with safety being their uncompromised priority.
The Structures Backshops Manager will have numerous Leads reporting to him/her. Personnel to be managed include sub-contractors.
One of the key functions of the Structures Backshops Manager is that of ensuring his/her team undertake their task efficiently and within the budgeted time while consistently maintaining a high safety standard. Also important is to ensure that all documentation is completed and signed-off accurately and with integrity. Also important is to ensure that the workshops are kept to high standards of housekeeping and working order.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the highest quality service, safety standards and performance, with the objective of exceeding customer satisfaction in the re-delivery of airworthy, reliable and clean aircraft, in a timely manner.
- Provide leadership and direction to Leads and technicians to ensure high quality on-time re-delivery of aircraft in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures and in compliance with FAA and OSHA regulations and guidelines.
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence in their undertaking as individuals and team players. To ensure commitment and accountability at all levels in execution of both work and accurate supporting documentation.
- Ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant at all times, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. To ensure that good housekeeping practices are enforced at all times with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing efficiencies in execution and delivery.
- Maintain close communication with the Director of Maintenance, notifying him/her of any issues/incidents as soon as these occur.
- Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft projects to determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary.
- Collaborate with the Director Quality Assurance Safety and his Training Specialist to establish On-The-Job Training Programs (OJT) for maintenance personnel and coordinate participation in training programs as appropriate. Participate in relevant development training including General Familiarization Certification.
- Establishes efficient work schedules of all assigned personnel with effective coverage for job execution, in accordance with the production plan.
- Establish performance metrics, goals and performance evaluation processes in line with corporate policy.
- Conduct regular meetings with Project Managers and Operations personnel concerning operational requirements and activities, clearly establishing objectives and actions.
- Deal with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to see to it that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled by operations personnel for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear and tear.
- Ensure that personnel maintain Backshop equipment in working order.
- Meet with Customers when required, keeping them appraised of their parts acquisition and specific inventory as needed.
- Collaborate with other managers in delivering the highest quality repair station service. Assist in any parts/work related research and provide solution/recommendations.
- Support the Director Maintenance with other business activities as needed.
- To Lead by example at all times; through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
High School Diploma/GED or OJT. Holds a current mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant Ratings, and has held these ratings for at least 5 years.EXPERIENCE
At least 5 years of diversified maintenance experience on large aircraft with an Air Carrier, Commercial Operator or Certified Repair Station, and must have acted as an A P Mechanic. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in an Air Carrier and/or Repair Station environment.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
- Strong leadership skills.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interact with all levels of staff from different departments effectively.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills in order to prioritize workload according to business demands.