More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 3:47:19 PM
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) Autonomous Systems (AS) strategy organization is seeking a Senior Strategy Analyst to join our team in either Arlington, VA; or Fairfax, VA. This person will conduct strategic analysis in support of Autonomous Systems Electronic Sensors Intelligence Solutions.
This position will be responsible for the research, assessment and development of strategies focused on C4ISR, electronic spectrum maneuver, and the intelligence community to drive profitable growth to meet business commitments including evaluating opportunities, developing business cases and business plans, supporting campaign bid strategies, competitive assessments, and coordinating investment plans (internal and MA). While reporting into the Strategy function leadership, this position directly supports the AS leadership team.
A successful candidate should have an understanding of the bigger strategic picture, but also have the ability to deep-dive into the key strategic, financial and operational issues of the businesses and divisions within Boeing Defense Systems (BDS). The successful candidate must be able to work independently to generate key strategic analysis, possess an aptitude for critical thinking and also have the ability to present the insights from this analysis to senior leaders within the business. The candidate must also be able to work collaboratively across organizational boundaries on a daily basis.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing the effects of market forces (customer needs, funding priorities, and competition) on AS competitive position and growth strategies
- Evaluation of AS Electronic Systems and Intelligence Solutions (ESIS) technical capabilities and market gaps to increase competitiveness
- Informing/supporting partnership and MA strategies
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Bachelors degree or higher
4+ years experience in the intelligence community as an analyst
- 4+ years experience as an analyst on air defense, strategic missiles, or missile defense programs
4+ years experience with Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 4+ years experience collecting, interpreting data, and managing projects from Executives or Senior Leadership
- 4+ years experience influencing and building strong relationships with stakeholders and partnerships across functions
- Previous experience with the Department of Defense (DOD) and intelligence community in the areas of Data Analytics, C4ISR and Signals Intelligence are highly desired
- Experience performing business case analysis (problem identification, quantitative modeling and problem solving)
- Strong value addition skills: Financial assessment/analysis experience. Understands and uses a hypothesis driven approach to strategy development
- Clear, effective and organized written communications, the ability to defend strategic assumptions and analysis through critical reviews and debate, ability to build business cases for new concepts and business ideas
- Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with the BDS strategic objectives
- Ability to generate insights from quantitative and qualitative data to explain implications on business strategy
- Knowledge of the Aerospace Defense industry and its related technologies
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience, 13 years related work experience, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.