More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 3:56:23 PM
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is looking for a Senior Manager - Additive Manufacturing Digital to join the growing team in Boeing Additive Manufacturing Intelligence Center. This role will be located in El Segundo, CA.
- Leads cross-functional teams to determine, define and deploy complex predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to meet objectives of establishing the Digital Thread in Additive Manufacturing
- Chooses best fit methods, defines algorithms, validates and deploys models to achieve business results.
- Performs necessary data preparation and enhancements to models
- Leads all computational modelling efforts aimed at establishing the Digital Thread in Additive Manufacturing including numerical modeling of Additive Manufacturing builds, feedback of sensor data and inspection data into numerical model and or CAD file for compensation.
- Uses Dassault Systèmes® 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform to simulate Additive Manufacturing builds, optimize build orientation, optimize supports, and simulates the Additive Manufacturing build to mitigate thermal warpage.
- Uses data analytics to form DOEs for parameter optimization.
- Trains Boeing employees to use the 3DX platform for Design for Additive Manufacturing.
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
Leadership Management Responsibilities:
- Performs research and development (RD) of advanced computing technologies.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends emerging advanced technology.
- Provides subject matter expertise for customer consultations.
- Ensures successful deployment of advanced computing technology.
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Manages employees performing complex research, development and test of advanced computing technology.
- Forecasts, plans and leads innovative technical research.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
- Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific, information technology, aerospace, or material science field of study)
- Experience leading and managing a team
- Experience with Additive Manufacturing technologies
- Experience with Dassault Systèmes® 3DEXPERIENCE® Platform
- Experience with support structure generation
- Experience with numerical modeling, simulation, and data analytics
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Materials Science related to Additive Manufacturing
- Experience with heat transfer issues related to Additive Manufacturing
- Experience with EOS software tools
- Experience with creating DOEs with data analytics
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.