More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: CAE USA Inc
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/13/2019 9:18:35 PM
Aircraft Flight Instructor is responsible for delivering high quality flight, simulator and ground instruction to students in compliance with the CAE Dothan Training Center training standards and safety standards and applicable aviation authority regulations. Ensures that course standards, training requirements and objectives are met by each student. Trains students with a strong focus on professional behavior and attitude besides strong theoretical and practical knowledge of flying. Therefore #8216;'teaching by example'' is a very important responsibility for the flight instructor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instruct students in practical and simulator training strictly adhering to the applicable training and safety standards, quality standards and/or other company directives.
- Monitor, plan and assist students to enable satisfactory progress through the course and stay within established timelines; timely and pro-active reporting and action to prevent delays and unsatisfactory progress.
- Promote safe behavior at all times and comply in behavior and execution with the safety management system.
- Ensure all students understand and practice all aspects of the internal safety management system.
- Complete in a timely and accurate manner all student and flight related administration and records including planning for examinations.
- Teach by example by behaving as an exemplary role model to students promoting professional, disciplined and safe behavior.
- Monitor technical and internal status and cleanliness of all the aircraft concerned and report discrepancies to the responsible people.
- Attend administrative, standardization and instructor development meetings and in-service training.
- Attend open days and trade shows as requested.Identify and initiate improvements for practical instruction and training standards and work with responsible people to constantly improve safety and quality levels.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: flight line, extreme heat, airborne particles, and loud noises
- Must be able to maintain composure in airplane seat while wearing parachute during aerobatic flight profiles
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal computer, telephone and fax
- Domestic and international travel as required
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under machinery
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate degree
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) Airplane single engine with commercial privileges
- 500 hours airplane flight time of which 200 hours instruction
- Ability to obtain a FAA 2nd class medical
- No aircraft accident or aviation violation convictions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a highly structured environment
- Team results oriented
- Knowledge of MS Office tools
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures.
- Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form.
- Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know.
- Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval.
- All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.