More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
In this role, you will serve as a Geographic Information System (GIS) lead engineer working with the Ground and Fight Engineering Solutions (GFES) organization as part of the Lockheed Martin Space support to the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• Develop short, intermediate, and long term GIS strategies across the Enterprise.
• Develop, assist, and oversee implementation of GIS project plans with internal customers and external vendors.
• Assist with the management and leadership of small to medium size teams implementing GIS integrations (stand alone and cross platform.)
• Develop AND implement solutions for Enterprise use cases by the creation of various layers, maps, and applications on the ArcGIS Enterprise Platform.
• Spearhead the development and showcase of GIS prototype solutions demonstrating applicable technologies.
• Assist with acquisition, management, conversion, and deployment of hi-res imagery across LM companies
• Development of GIS tools and processes for facility data integration
• Train and lead CAD drafters in the use of GIS tools for data integration and data validation purposes
• Periodically produce storyboards, wife-frames, flowcharts, design prototypes, and other design elements.
• Effectively communicate ideas and designs and work with cross-functional teams and customers
• Exhibit outstanding technical and traditional communication skills to our internal customers
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent experience
10+ years' experience with GIS development, management, and analysis
5+ years' experience as software developer
Demonstrated expertise with the use of ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, with a focus on data management, conversion, and publication to GIS services.
Demonstrated expertise with the publication of GIS services, maps, and applications using ESRI's ArcGIS Enterprise .
Experience required in the setup and management of ArcGIS Enterprise.
Experience involving imagery management, conversion, and publication to GIS services
Experience involving the development and implementation of CAD standards regarding GIS integrations
Experience in the development and publication of custom tile packages and custom basemaps to the ArcGIS Enterprise.
Proficiency with the Georeferencing of CAD data
Experience involving ESRI license management (concurrent use licenses, EDN licenses, and term licenses)
Familiarity with SQL, and able to create/perform basic queries
Strong interpersonal communications skills (verbal, presentation, and written)
Strong problem-solving skills, inquisitive mindset
Focused on results and able to work closely with others in collaborative environment
Tools and Applications: ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGIS Runtime, Model Builder, ArcPy, Arcade, ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal and Server), Custom Web App Builder, ArcGIS Data Interop , FME (Feature Manipulation Engine), MicroStation, AutoCAD, ProjectWiseDesired Skills:
Experience with the development of custom layers and layer views
Experience with the use of drones in the development of 2D and 3D GIS products (orthophoto images, point clouds, etc.)
Expertise in the development of GIS desktop applications with ArcGIS Runtime.
Experience with map cartography
Understanding of GeoEvent Server and Utility Networks
Understanding of relational databases as well as related tables in ArcGIS products
Experience in debugging code errors and troubleshooting software issues
Basic knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
Basic knowledge of software development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
Tools and Applications: SPLUNK IOT (specifically dashboards and maps), Maximo and Maximo Spatial, TRIRIGA, JIRA, Slack, ESRI Drone2Map, Pix4D Capture, Rhodium IMS