More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Republic Airways
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/22/2019 2:51:59 PM
Ensures the accuracy and retention of maintenance records pertaining to aircraft assemblies and subcomponents is performed in accordance with company regulations and guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and oversees team of auditors responsible for auditing and maintaining the records of repairs, inspections, and overhauls of aircraft components and sub-assemblies, primarily but not limited to hard-time and life-limited components
- Continually assesses existing audit policies and procedures, adjusting to maximize both accuracy and efficiency of work performed
- Provides assistance and guidance to auditors in identifying, researching, and resolving problems or discrepancies identified in the component maintenance records and the computer tracking system
- Identifies areas of higher risk of problems/inaccuracies and takes actions to identify and correct cause and prevent recurrence
- Serves as point of contact for internal customers regarding component records in the computer tracking system and Airvault (e.g. creating component records or correcting component location/movement history, locating/retrieving electronic documents) and external customers regarding asset audits by lessors or other requests as needed
- Leads/participates in the collection and review of records for fleet entries/exits
- Strives to embody the Republic Airways Guiding Principles and motivate others to do the same
- Screens, interviews and makes recommendations for hiring potential associates.
Coaches and provides leadership, direction, motivation and supervision of direct reports.
Appraises performance, provides performance feedback, takes corrective actions and oversees training and development of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Requires 3 years of experience in aircraft maintenance, materials, records or related area.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Specialty training beyond high school in aviation/aircraft maintenance, computer software or related field.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
Able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Makes decisions daily on use of resources, performance and budgets.
Decisions could require additional expenditure of resources if not sound decisions.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to move about the work environment.
Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The work environment is a typical indoor office setting.
See job description.