More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Compass Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 7:20:04 PM
Compass Airlines is seeking a Maintenance Control Supervisor to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota #8211; Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
Provide oversight of daily maintenance operations and direction for decisions that are being made in Maintenance Control and Line Maintenance to meet operational requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Aircraft Maintenance, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory role
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A P) License
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and must be fluent in the English language.
- Embraer 170/175, 190 experiences is highly desired.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, Science, Math or aviation related discipline.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and a working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Specific competency in database and spreadsheet programs considered very important;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to professionally represent Compass Airlines with internal and external entities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write, present and defend technical reports.
- Ability to lift, carry and move medium to heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity.
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Candidate should have a background in aircraft maintenance.
- Experience should consist of:
1. Formal and informal aircraft systems training
2. Maintenance of aircraft and engine systems
4. Dispatch requirements
5. Use of specialized tools
6. Ground support equipment
7. Technical reports and forms
8. Online Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, and Parts Catalogs
9. Aircraft logbook procedures and computer based aircraft maintenance tracking systems
10. Familiarity with using and interpreting the Minimum Equipment List (MEL) including its processes and procedures.
- Have a working knowledge of how a Maintenance Control Department runs.
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis.
- Must have well-developed people skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities. Must exhibit patience while at the same time is assertive and controls the maintenance operation in a professional manner.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Ensure updates are being provided to Maintenance Control as to status of work being performed on aircraft at any station.
- Ensure that coordination with the Maintenance Department on movement of staffing, parts and tools to offsite work locations (i.e. road trips) are being accomplished.
- Ensure a complete turnover of events that occurred during the day is accomplished.
- Ensure Fleet Status updates are posted.
- Supervise and manage Maintenance Controllers assigned to his shift.
- Support the Maintenance Department as a liaison to other internal departments as well as external entities.
- Complete daily delay and cancellations reports.
- Coordinate with the Aircraft Parts Department on movement of parts to support AOG aircraft and MEL items.
- Worked is performed in an enclosed workstation; occasionally work may be outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Work week is rotating 4 days on / 4 days off, shifts are 12 hours a day;
- Position requires travel on an irregular basis.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.