More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Wilbur Ellis
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/5/2019 9:14:44 PM
Description: Do you have a Private or Commercial Pilots License? Can you safely operate a fixed or rotary wing aircraft? Do you have experience in the application of plant protection, seed, and nutrition products in Ag crops? Can you lift containers that weight up to 80 lbs.? If you said yes to all of these questions, we'd like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The pilot/aerial application role is responsible for the safe operation of fixed or rotary wing aircraft in the application of plant protection, seed and nutrition products on agricultural crops. Pilots should have an understanding of plant protection, chemistries, fertilizer and seed. Pilots need to have open and positive communication with their supervisor, agronomists, coworkers and the grower or customer. Process work orders against scheduled dates and time, properly complete necessary paperwork (application records, shipping papers, driver daily report, and all info on work orders).Key Skills and Abilities Include:
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Comply with FAA Regulations
- Current U.S. private or commercial pilot certificate
- Current agricultural aircraft operator certificate or able to obtain #8211; state specific
- Observe airport traffic patterns, air traffic area and control zones.
- Accurately locate application site.
- Ability to travel to other locations and meeting locations.
- Lift containers weighing up to 80 lbs.
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills (verbal, written and utilizing all media (phone, e-mail, text) for interaction with customers and fellow employees including the ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork.
- Dependable with strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail along with ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports. Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language fluently.
Compensation and Benefits
- Proper application of seed, fertilizer and plant protection products.
- Properly handle and store all chemical containers.
- Comply with label requirements and restrictions for aerial application of pesticides.
- Process work orders against scheduled dates and time.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Follow all Wilbur-Ellis Company safety rules.
- Check each field for in-flight hazards (towers, power lines, wires, irrigation pipes and vent pipes) before each application begins.
- Ensure any equipment deficiencies has been addressed and reported to the manager.
- Participate in blood testing and/or alcohol testing when scheduled.
- Assist with maintenance and other duties as needed at the facility.
- Maintain and care of aircraft according to generally- accepted maintenance practices.
- Comprehensive employee health and retirement benefit offerings