More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Air Methods Corporation
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/13/2021 1:12:01 PM
The Area Manager is responsible for the leadership and day to day operations of bases in a defined area within the region. Coordinate clinical, aviation, and maintenance services to optimize operational, safety, and financial targets. Manages base activities to ensure each base is staffed and achieving maximum in-service availability. Champions safety and quality operations.
This Area Manager will cover the following bases:
- Tuba City
- Show Low (x2)
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible and accountable for the day to day base operations which includes ensuring all bases are in service, operating safely and providing positive customer experience
- Provide consistent leadership focused on building an optimal and engaged culture at the local base level that exemplifies our core values and mission. Communicates regularly with base staff to reinforce efficient base operations, job responsibilities and performance expectations
- Drives Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to maximize profit contribution
- Accountable for the management and control of the PL across assigned bases including expense and payroll controls.
- Accountable for scheduling of base staff to ensure 100 coverage of assigned bases to optimize in-service rates and minimize overtime
- Works closely with and in collaboration with Center or Excellence (COE) and Business Development to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures; and maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance management, and teammate development for the area in collaboration with COE partners. Regularly evaluates and manages employee relations issues, addressing low performing teammates, including termination.
- Effectively coaches and models appropriate leadership behaviors
- Oversees the supply chain and logistic needs for assigned bases, including the management of non-aviation, maintenance and clinical related activities and expenses. Works with maintenance leadership in the planning of maintenance events and spare utilization to minimize any potential for base out of service events
- Supports Regional Director in the delivery of Scorecards to customers and is responsible for the execution of any needed action plans
- Maintain and monitors business, medical and all other licenses required to do business. Accountable for compliance of discipline specific requirements as it relates to DOT and Non DOT random and reasonable suspicion
- Coordinates base startups, moves and closures with regional leadership. Facility repairs/maintenance and lease management
- Ability to be available 24/7 for operational requirements
- Percentage of time spent traveling up to 70 or more depending on business needs
- Other Duties as assigned.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Methods policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods employment practices and policies.
- Directly supervises employees in the assigned area/region. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; and eight to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master Degree in Business (MBA) preferred or equivalent
Five (5) Years Air Medical and Supervisory Experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels.
- Demonstrates high critical thinking, reasoning skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task efficiently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage revenue and budgets
- Ability to prepare written reports
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Pilots must have flown in category for a commercial operator or in the military within the previous 24 months
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public and strives to maintain a friendly and professional working environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.