More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Trans States Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/2/2019 3:59:16 PM
With over 30 years of experience and profitability in the regional airline industry, Trans States Airlines is the smart choice for your next career move. We take employee satisfaction seriously and work hard to make Trans States a place where our people want to build long-term careers. Plus, we promote from within whenever possible, which means that our employees have significant opportunities to earn more and move up throughout the course of their careers. We're more than an airline. We're a family. And we'd like you to be a part of it.
The Manager Advanced Qualification Program (AQP) is a key position within the Trans States Airlines Training Program. The individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of AQP for the EMB-145 fleet. Duties will include preparing the program application, developing job tasks and defining the qualification standards for all AQP programs. In addition, the manager must work closely with the Manager Flight Operations Training and the AQP Coordinator in tracking training data, filing required reports and making future program changes.
The Manager AQP must be an exceptionally motivated individual. He/she must be proactive in identifying possible training problems and possess the skills necessary to propose solutions. The Manager AQP must establish an excellent working relationship with the FAA, other departments within the company as well as other agencies within the industry. The successful candidate must possess a high level of technical expertise, integrity and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing,administrating and initiating the AQP program for the EMB-145 fleet
- Supervision of AQP instructors and evaluators.
- Provide accurate records to the Manager, Flight Operations Training and FAA.
- Report directly to the Trans States Airlines Director Flight Operations.
- Must be highly knowledgeable in all company operations manuals and familiar with Flight Operations Training policies as defined in 14 CFR 121
- Current or previous experience in a 14 CFR 121 training department is preferred.
- Must be committed to excellence in adherence to procedures and accuracy of records.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead and work well with those in other departments as well as the FAA.
- Good computer skills and experience including PowerPoint applications.