More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/17/2020 5:54:55 PM
Description: Manufacturing and Production - Leadership
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.STARLINK MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
SpaceX is looking for an experienced Maintenance Supervisor to oversee all maintenance activities at the Redmond facility. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring work is completed based on work order schedules and emergency breakdowns. Candidate should have strong leadership skills, and extensive experience working in a fast paced environment, managing schedules and workflow.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create/update CM work order for asset in failure; support the Engineers/Planner with establishing the type of corrective maintenance and requested completion date, based on the analyses of each asset in failure, in order to create the required work order.
- Scheduling; responsible for supporting the scheduler to assign technicians and contractors to work orders.
- Execute work order and monitor execution; responsible for supervising the execution of the work order and monitoring progress. Troubleshooting as needed to ensure a timely completion. Communicate progress to the stakeholders at any time during the work. Use metrics like average time to close work orders and perform repairs.
- Verify result work order; responsible for verifying all activities have been executed as planned and confirming that the asset, is working again, according to required values. Establishes possible residual effects and take required action to prevent problems from reoccurring.
- Complete work order; accept result work order amp; handover asset to stakeholders.
- Root Cause Analysis; responsible for root cause analysis reports to feedback learning and improvement opportunities to the maintenance engineers and asset owners to further improve maintenance performance.
- Skill Management; assign the correct skills to each work order and maintain a skills matrix for all technicians and identify their training needs.
- Reports; keep a daily log of activities and create major breakdown reports and manage workforce shift utilization as well as absence request.
Bachelor of Science degree plus a minimum of 2 years of experience in supervisor/lead role OR a minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisor/lead role will be considered in lieu of degree.PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production teams.
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and a fast paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles, and efficiency methods.
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs., lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.