More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 11/11/2020 3:02:59 PM
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an Experienced Level Facilities Project Management Specialist to support our business in Chantilly, VA. This organization supports mission critical government programs.
This position will be responsible for initiating, planning and executing projects for government programs. The candidate will work with a cross-functional team of engineers, procurement specialists and contracting specialists in an office environment.
- Develops and formalizes integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle.
- Consolidates independently generated project data and interfaces with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure stakeholder understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk.
- Recommends appropriate actions to stakeholders to satisfy project goals and objectives.
- Acts as consultant to site management in the design, development and implementation of project management processes and systems.
- Develops project plan for major projects, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R).
- Establishes formalized project change control board and processes, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are properly documented and submitted for approval or rejection.
- Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
- Identifies and documents requirements necessary to meet project needs.
- Defines scope with the project team, applying appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures to ensure all of the work and only the work required to complete the project is included in the baseline.
- Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources, for major projects.
- Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project. Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met.
- Develops cost estimate and identifies resources needed to complete project activities, using project cost management processes, for major projects.
- Establishes cost baseline.
- Monitors baseline, using earned value management system.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met.
- Identifies and formalizes required communication flows to project stakeholders, including team members, management, program and functional organizations.
- Prepares and presents management briefings to communicate project(s) status, identify issues and solicit help for resolution.Identifies potential risks by using established project management tools.
- Assesses risks, by applying standard project risk techniques.
- Develops risk response plan and makes recommendations to project stakeholders to minimize project risk.
- Identifies for project team, the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met.
This position requires an active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U.S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Experience with Project Scheduling Tool i.e. MS Project, Primavera etc.
- Experience writing Statements of Work (SOW)
- Experience conducting technical reviews of proposals
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) experience
- Budget experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- SAP Database experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelors degree or higher
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years related work experience, 14 years related work experience, etc.).
SHIFT: This is a 1st shift position, typically 40 hours a week.
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.