More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/17/2020 5:54:55 PM
Description: Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.Global Logistics Lead
As a Global Logistics Lead, you will be responsible for the logistics functions necessary to support domestic and international movements for the development, production and distribution of the User Terminal program. Design, develop, and implement new processes and strategies, while continually improving existing models that support inbound to manufacturing, distribution center(s) and B2B amp; B2C delivery. Acts as the primary logistics owner and subject matter expert for the program and transportation partners. Responsibilities:
- Identifies process gaps and makes immediate recommendations and corrective actions to policies and providers within logistics network
- Partners with Logistics Management, Procurement, Engineering, and Supply Chain teams to develop appropriate global logistics network and inherent transport strategies meeting ordering policies as necessary (incoterms assignment, PFEP development, returnable programs, etc.)
- Collaborates with appropriate supply chain teams to develop, maintain, and sustain all logistics criteria necessary to support network fulfilment (HTS codes, packaging detail, load parameters, mode selection, O/D pairing frequency, etc.)
- Collaborates with engineering teams to support development and production logistics modeling necessary to drive rapid development and implementation of new components and test articles.
- Develop and improve on real time order (shipment) level management strategy
- As part of order (shipment) level management strategy develop and implement tools and communication strategy to update order status and manage exceptions as the primary logistics contact for the program.
- Responsible for logistics risk management and mitigation (delays, network capacity, costs, performance and processes)
- Manages flow of goods from supply base through customs to final destination point utilizing logistics network, support tools, and makes recommendations to facilitate optimization
- Responsible for coordinating the transport of inbound and outbound movements, both domestically and internationally using SpaceX-appointed freight forwarders and logistics providers
- Support the development of new and continually improve existing Logistics processes and solutions.
- Ensures international shipments meet all regulatory and corporate guidelines
- Serves as liaison between internal customer base and external logistics providers, providing quotes, arranging freight, communicating logistics protocols, and providing instructions to vendors and logistics partners
- Communicates with vendors, forwarders, and logistics providers on documentation requirements, scheduling criteria, and model changes as required
- Develops weekly and or monthly reports for stakeholders and management to report on key projects, achievements, support needs and other key business updates.
- 5+ years of experience coordinating imports and exports in an international setting
- 5+ years of experience in logistics routing development and logistics modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain, or similar technical discipline
- Import and export experience with compliance with ITAR and C-TPAT regulations
- Import/Export regulatory functions, including HTS, Schedule B knowledge, Incoterms, ISF filing process, DSP-5, DSP-73, ATA Carnet
- Experience with various logistics modes – FedEx ship manager, 3PL systems, etc.
- 3PL/4PL sourcing and management experience, especially in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working with NVOs, ocean carriers, drayage companies, freight forwarders and customs house brokerage firms
- Experience working with returnable package systems
- Strong partnerships with proven and qualified freight forwarders / brokers
- Experience in manifesting, routing, and development of logistics routing guide criteria
- Thorough knowledge of critical-need/expedite shipping methods and mode selections
- Experience with Microsoft applications
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems
- Strong analytical and data modeling skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Proven role in the development of complex global logistics models employing intermodal networks
- Strong knowledge of global supply chain
- Experience in providing a key role in supporting new product launches coordinating with cross-functional teams to ensure proper setup, operations and success of launch.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.