More Aviation Jobs!
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/15/2019 3:00:31 PM
Founded in 1989, CommutAir operates as United Express and is majority-owned by Champlain Enterprises, Inc. and 40% owned by United Airlines, Inc. CommutAir operates more than 1,000 weekly flights to 40+ destinations, using the Embraer ERJ145 aircraft, from bases in Newark, NJ, and Washington-Dulles. CommutAir's 1000+ employees are well-known in the industry for fostering a family culture and a friendly work environment.
Compensation: First Year First Officer
- First Year First Officer-$36.91/flight hour
- $22,100 sign-on bonus paid prior to the start of training
- $1.80 per diem
- Deadhead and Cancellation pay
- 75-hour monthly guarantee
- Paid Training and Lodging- Single occupancy
Get Into the Left Seat Faster
With fleet additions planned every month for the next 2 years and short reserve times, CommutAir First Officers can expect to meet the 1,000 hours of flight time on average within 13-18 months.
Immediate upgrades for pilots with applicable 121/135 hours. Upgrade within first week of new hire ground school!
Up To $2,500 Referral Bonus for any CommutAir employee who recommends a pilot candidate that interviews and begins new hire Pilot Training.Industry Leading Commuter Benefits
- Skip the Crash pads with CommutAir. We offer 4 Company-paid hotel rooms to all registered commuter pilots in addition to our "make a good effort to get to work" policy.
Out of Base Parking #8211; Commuting CommutAir pilots are reimbursed for parking at their home airport.
Preferential Bidding System
- CommutAir utilizes the NavTech (PBS) Preferential Bidding System for all crew bidding. NavTech PBS helps you to get a block that suits you by customizing your bid according to your likes and dislikes, based on the work available at your seniority level. The CommutAir scheduling team builds trips in the most efficient way to maximize your work days and increase your number of days off.
CommutAir offers a very competitive and affordable benefits package to all employees which include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance options
- Company provided short-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited World-Wide Pass travel benefits with United Airlines
- 401K plan with match
(NOTE: Candidates may apply and interview if they are within 6 months of meeting the minimum qualifications)
- Commercial Pilot Certificate
- Meet ATP or R-ATP Aeronautical Experience Minimums
- Instrument current-logged 20 hours of flight time in the past six months
- 30 hours of multi-engine fixed wing experience-actual flight time (not sim). Will be able to credit additional required hours in CommutAir training.
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator's Permit
- Valid Passport
- Able to travel internationally without restriction
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship