More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Vertex Aerospace
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:56 PM
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and Overhaul, Training Support, and all levels of Maintenance. For over forty years, we have delivered high-quality aftermarket aerospace services that are affordable and customer focused.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Have an in-depth working knowledge of training requirements as defined in the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series, OSHA, Environmental Health and Safety, and Company documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include Word and PowerPoint development and editing.
- Input data in Corporate databases and maintain accuracy of completion and expiration dates.
- Manage recurring training and coordinate with management on updating annual training.
- Develop new hire packages, monitor indoctrination training, and coordinate with management for required in-briefs and training.
- Maintain training records, databases, and files.
- May be required to assist in maintaining a Central Technical Publications Library (CTPL) and Disbursed Technical Publications Library (DTPL).
- May be required to requisition, receive, screen, review, route, distribute, and file all incoming technical publications as necessary.
- May assist in the coordination of publication control procedures with all dispersed librarians in accordance with applicable Government/Company policies and instructions if required.
- May assist and train personnel in the use and maintenance of technical publications libraries.
- Ensures all Company maintenance instructions are controlled and distributed correctly.
- Complies with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility, and job assignment.
- May be required to perform off-site service.
- Know location of safety data sheet (SDS) and applicable safety precautions.
- May be required to perform scheduled/unscheduled inventories.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned as well as other reasonably related duties when directed.
Qualifications, and Desired Competencies:
- Have one (1) year experience in maintaining databases and data entry (preferred).
- Must have a valid state operator's license and be able to pass the government licensing requirements for support equipment.
- Graduation from a standard four (4) year high school or equivalent (GED) AND one (1) year of experience in work related to the above-described examples are preferred, not required.
- Satisfactory completion of U.S. Armed Forces Central Technical Publications Librarian Management Course (preferred/not required).
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instructions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CAC Card.
- Certifications/Licensing as required by the Program Training and Certification Manual.
- Certifications/Licensing as required by the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Some travel will be required.
As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, is required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- This classification activity is usually accomplished in an office environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with office activities.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to changes in temperature and weather.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other's differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employee, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.