More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Vertex Aerospace
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:56 PM
- Acts as the overall supervisor, manager and administrator for their assigned aircraft team and the contracted effort in support of their assigned aircraft to meet production schedule.
- Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Production Control (PC) and the Site Manager on technical and program/project issues related to their assigned team and aircraft.
- Directs the daily/weekly work of an aircraft maintenance team of at least 10-15 full-time employees.
- Responsible for making direct recommendations to the Site Manager as to the hiring, firing, advancement, disciplinary action, promotion or any other change of status of employees within their assigned team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision of a team of at least 10-15 employees in the execution of aircraft maintenance (e.g. experience effectively leading a Phase Crew or serving as a Maintenance Controller).
- Supervises day-to-day maintenance tasks on assigned aircraft, equipment, and machinery, as established with Production Control.
- Must have an advanced understanding of OOMA and be able to demonstrate in/out of work management, MESM/EOC code management, in-process requirements, parts ordering/ receiving/completion procedures, individual work order completion and have knowledge of the Technical Directive Compliance program.
- Must have knowledge of, and be able to demonstrate ISR procedures from initiation, to tracking, to completion.
- Must show proficiency in the use of RESETs AMMO program within 90 days after assignment.
- Must be able to effectively apply professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers manuals.
- Must be able to coordinate and supervise the daily activities of personnel assigned to their team, determine and direct specific work assignments for each member, and ensure the full and effective employment of assigned personnel. Responsible for ensuring all work within their assigned team is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for compliance of special programs/projects as assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring direct reports within their assigned team are fully compliant with all approved procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all direct reports and maintenance employees within their assigned team receive job and safety training.
- Responsible for ensuring material and special tooling needed to accomplish daily work assignments is identified to PC.
- Ensures employees within their team are properly trained on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and ensures technical training and assistance is provided, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED (AP License/FAA Certification desired).
- Must have documented completion of corrosion control training.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Excel type databases utilized to schedule daily/weekly/monthly/annual requirements for aircraft discrepancies and personnel.
- Must have at least six (6) overall years of experience in the aircraft maintenance environment; of which 4 years of experience will be on CH-53 Type Model Series T/M/S aircraft.
- Must have experience as a Collateral Duty Inspector.
- Must have the ability to plan, schedule maintenance work requirements, have a working technical knowledge of aircraft, machinery, facilities and equipment, and have a detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc.
- The assigned individual must have a strong mechanical aptitude in order to offer technical direction in all maintenance areas, and knowledge of supply procedures.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Within 90-180 days from hire date, complete all training requirements and required tests for each aircraft certification/qualification, as identified in Table-1 of this document.
- Within 60 days of hire, be scheduled for Phase-1 training and upon completion will have 30 days to complete all Phase-2 requirements and tests, as identified in Table-2 of this document.