More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Sky Quest Aviation LLC
Job Type: Permanent
- Acts as the overall lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort in support of aircraft subsystems.
- Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and program/project issues.
- Oversees Contractor personnel program/project operations by developing procedures, planning and directing execution of the technical, programming, maintenance and administrative support effort and monitoring and reporting progress
- Responsible for recruitment of new hires and termination of employees either for cause or routine release
- Screens all employee candidates to ensure adequate qualifications are met before offers are extended
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in the aviation maintenance field. At least five (5) years experience in a management/supervisory position.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant technical discipline. A related associates degree and two (2) years of additional experience or four (4) years additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelors degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large and diverse teams and the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in all areas of the contracted effort.
Primarily office environment. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes. At times, must be able to work in aircraft hangar environment and board / exit aircraft. At times, must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crouch, balance, and stoop. Must be able to walk particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as typing. Must be able to work at heights, subject to noise, subject to a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, work on scaffolding, exposure to heat/cold. Must be able to communicate effectively.