More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: STS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/4/2019 4:13:09 PM
Description: STS Technical Services
is hiring a Director of Quality Control
in Miami, Florida.
As a Quality Control Leader and Chief Inspector, you will be responsible for leading improvements to our quality system, driving a culture of zero defects and improving our inspection department by improving quality, accuracy, productivity and direction from a reactive to a proactive approach. Ensuring that we deliver a quality product without defects to our customer base.You will take charge in the development, communication and compliance with all applicable national and international aviation administrations’ such as FAA, EASA, CAAC and be a primary participant in audits and airline inspections of the facility.
- Manage team of 40 inspectors … optimize and drive improvements in processes and drive productivity
- Manage all aspects of daily activity with shop floor and work closely with other shop leaders to manage day to day activities
- Develop, retain, and hire the best personnel to take the department to the next level of service for our customers.
- Serves as the Chief Inspector in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFR Part 165).
- Exercises routine interface with FAA Certificate Management Office (CMO), NTSB and other governmental agencies in matters pertaining to inspection and maintenance issues.
- Develops and maintains inspection systems to ensure that all aircraft maintenance is accomplished in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations and customer specifications.
- Develops and maintains a receiving inspection system that ensures that incoming materials, parts and components are inspected for quantity, quality, conformity to approved data, state of preservation, and are received from an approved source.
- Ensures inspectors and persons designated inspection authority are adequately trained and
- Coordinating all activities relating to or affecting Quality Control areas of responsibility. Serves as the repair station Quality Manager (14 CFR Part 145) to manage and supervise the quality of the maintenance work performed by the maintenance organization.
- Supports customer’s Reliability Program and provides FAA program
- Supports Safety Management System (SMS) objectives, policies and procedures for Safety.
- Coordinating all activities relating to or affecting Quality Control areas of responsibility.
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment that results in employee safety and well-being.
- Oversees the corrective action program, verify the effectiveness of corrective actions and the overall quality assurance system.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.