More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Huntington Ingalls Industries
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/12/2019 8:31:23 PM
We are seeking an Senior Aviation SME/ Asset Manager to support our customer.
- Serves as a technical expert for Aviation, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) operations, planning, acquisition, and assessments.
- Provides advice, assistance, and recommendations on airborne, ground and maritime- based SOF, AF, Navy and Army ISR platform composition and sensor capabilities during combatant command operations, planning and exercise events involving operational SOF mission requirements.
- Provides full scope of operational support from planning and execution to redeployment and assessment of aviation employment, required for battle staffs ISO operational preparation of the environment for current and future contingency operations in a given AOR, which require aviation support to collection, processing, exploitation, evaluation and dissemination using Collection Management IT systems of record.
- Assesses SOF, AF, Navy and Army aviation and ISR policies, doctrine, plans, and operations to provide in-depth support to conduct collection for strategic and time- sensitive mission planning and operations, including, but not limited to, preparation of the environment, foreign internal defense, personnel recovery, advanced force operations.
- Coordinates SOF, AF, Navy and Army aviation and ISR enterprise support and participates in COCOM and sub-component command planning events, working groups, and conferences.
- Provides thorough and completed projects that may require minor revisions or editing, capture products from working aids, I W alerts, briefings, IT databases, summaries, and articles, and conduct near-, mid-, and long-term assessments to enhance situational awareness for SOF Operations and aviation senior leadership.
- Collaborates with representatives of national and international government organizations to exchange data and coordinate collection activities.
- Assesses effectiveness of ISR support to ongoing operations; adjusts composition of asset capacity and capabilities to maximize opportunities.
- Provides guidance on ISR support to case management and field collection operations.
- Assists in acquisition and allocation efforts for aviation and ISR capabilities.
- Serves as a client liaison/management and coordinates with subcontractors, government personnel, technical experts, and aviation elements
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Operational Leader (04/05 or GS-13/14 equivalent) and graduate of an applicable military technical training school, with a minimum of 10 years of Joint, Coalition, SOF, Interagency, or Regional experience working military operations with at least 3 years of special operations conducted at the Functional/Geographic Combatant Command (FCC/GCC), Joint Force Command (JFC), Joint Task Force Command (JTF), Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC), or NATO SOF HQ level.
- 3 years experience working in a Coalition/Joint Planning Process environment with North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) partners.
- Minimum of 1000 flight hours, with experience/knowledge of flight operations in NATO airspace.
- 2 years' experience with joint planning processes for planning and executing support of high risk, sensitive Special Operations mission sets to include (but not limited to): FMV, HUMINT, SIGINT, COMTNT, IMINT, MASINT and GEOINT.
- 2 years recent combat/operational experience supporting special operations forces.
- Familiarity with SOF, Air Force, Army and Navy manned and unmanned ISR systems.
- Experience and proficiency using Microsoft Office suite.
- Masters degree in Inernational Studies or similar degree
- Experience as Director or Deputy Director in a joint, combined and/or interagency environment
Must have a bachelor's degree in a related study plus 3 years of recent specialized experience managing comparable tasks on similar projects in terms of size, OR a relevant associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience managing comparable tasks on similar projects in terms of size, OR a major certification (refer to Certifications
below) plus 7 years of recent specialized experience managing comparable tasks on similar projects in terms of size, OR 11 years of specialized experience managing comparable tasks on similar projects in terms of size.Certifications:
Must meet Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) requirements IAW the German Supplementary Agreement to NATO SOFA. Will be required to submit a TESA application packet.Clearance Requirements:
Must have active TS/SCI clearance.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions (HII-MDIS), formerly Fulcrum, is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability