More Aviation Jobs!
Position: Pilot-Rotary Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 2/23/2021 8:57:45 PM
Are you a helicopter pilot looking to make a difference in the world of public health? Are you looking for a flexible opportunity with an amazing organization that values people, the planet, and doing the right thing? Then keep reading to learn more about Clarke's Pilot opportunity!
Working out of our office in Roselle, Illinois, the Spray Pilot will provide contract mosquito and aquatic herbicide control services to Clarke's customers in the Midwest via targeted aerial application from April #8211; October each year. Aerial applications will be made in high traffic areas while safely working around controlled and uncontrolled airports.
Schedule will be flexible, and similar to a two week on, two week off so you'll still have some time for summer at home! Travel expenses will be covered by Clarke.
You'll be expected to:
- Maintain full compliance with F.A.A. regulations in all required areas for Clarke operations in Illinois and other states of operations, including log books, licenses, congested area flight plans and communication with local air traffic control.
- Perform routine calibration, swath testing, and characterization of all spray gear equipment for precise application of products within label guidelines.
- Install, operate and maintain multiple sets of spray gear for variety of applications including granular, ULV and high volume.
- Ensure that chemical inventory is maintained such that shortages do not occur and contract requirements are met. Keeps management team and other staff informed of chemical status and usage.
- Utilize and maintain knowledge of innovative technology within Clarke aircraft to comply with customer contract requirements; i.e. GPS swath guidance systems, flying #8220;the light bar#8221;, and drone technology
- Review sites and maps on a cyclic basis to account for any changes or issues within the communities treated with Clarke's GIS Department.
- Perform other flight activities including aerial surveys to develop operational maps, Gypsy Moth applications, other agricultural applications, photography missions, etc
- Perform preflight activities to prevent and troubleshoot maintenance problems. Work closely with local contract maintenance facilities and assist with tracking and daily routine maintenance, and inspections including 100 hour.
- Maintain all spray gear systems for maximum performance, precision, and reliability. Assist in the development and evaluation of new spray systems, or modifications to existing systems.
- Responsible for the routine cleaning and care of the aircraft and spray equipment.
- Work closely with the maintenance staff to implement annual maintenance schedules and usage plan for aircraft.
- Maintain Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Ohio pesticide aerial application licenses for mosquito control, and all other required operational categories. Obtain other state spray license credentials, as required, to meet market demand.
- Prepare annual pilot history for insurance policy renewal, and assist with policy application.
- Participates in and facilitates coordination of Emergency Response as needed or requested.
- Assist with general administrative activities such as; development of annual budget, year end reports and maintenance of records and documents pertaining to operational activities and trainings.
We're seeking an independent, self-motivated, detail oriented, and safety conscious individual with a passion for the outdoors and previous experience to join us in our mission to make communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable.
Successful Candidate Must:
*** part 137 spray/agricultural experience required#8221;#8221;#8221; pilots without this previous experience can not be considered for this opportunity.
- FAA commercial rotorcraft certificate
- 3000 helicopter PIC hours
- 1000 hours of turbine helicopter
- 100 hours in Bell 206/OH-58 model helicopter
- 300 hours of part 137 agricultural application experience
- FAA class II medical certificate
- FAA part 137 knowledge and skills certificate
- Ability to obtain and maintain Aerial, Mosquito, Forestry and Aquatic licenses in home state as well as other states as assigned and necessary
- Previous experience working in a fast paced service operation strongly preferred
- Previous experience in mosquito control, aquatics or pest control operations is strongly preferred
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including a proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Capability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and good physical dexterity
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal forms
- Have a valid Driver's License with an excellent driving record
- College degree in related field (biology, entomology, pest control technology, agronomy, botany, horticulture, public health etc.) preferred
- Ability to effectively partner with cross functional teams to meet performance objectives and to support mission and vision of the Company
- Ability to travel (at short notice) to multiple site locations to meet the needs of the business as necessary
- The desire to learn and go "above and beyond" are an absolute must!
We are Clarke, a privately-held global environmental products and services company. For 75 years, Clarke has been making communities around the world more livable, safe and comfortable by pioneering, developing and delivering environmentally responsible public health mosquito control and aquatic services. Our services help prevent disease, control nuisances and create healthy waterways. Our global customers include governments, commercial and residential groups, and international institutions such as UNICEF and U.S. AID.
Working at Clarke, you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. You will learn from some of the most talented people in your field and make an impact on the world around us. With Clarke, you join an innovative and passionate team where people are the heart and soul of the organization, working together to create an environment where the employees thrive and nature flourishes.
At Clarke, each individual can AND does make a difference. If you're looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills to impact the success and growth of a business...Clarke is the place!
Clarke is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace