More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Firehawk/Brainerd Helicopters, Inc.
Position: Pilot-Rotary Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2020 12:56:16 PM
Firehawk Helicopters has an opening for a USFS Short Haul
qualified H125 PIC. We support NPS, DOI, USFS, BLM and USFWS EU/CWN
contracts. Missions include but are not limited to fire suppression,
aerial ignition, crew movement, SAR, Power line patrol, aerial construction and
utility. The PIC must plan and execute flight assignments and obtain
information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures and
special instructions. Prepare or supervise preparation of flight plans,
considering such factors as altitude, terrain, weather, range, weight, cruise
data, airport facilities and navigational aids. This position requires travel
to field aircraft, the applicant can live anywhere in the lower 48 (within 90
minutes of an airport with 7 day a week service and within 3 hours of a
Southwest Airlines serviced airport), also must have ability to travel
domestically and internationally.
Domestic schedule is a 12/12 rotation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Plan and execute flight assignments and obtain
information regarding purpose of the flight, weather, operating procedures
and special instructions.
- Ensure proper flight kit is aboard.
- Ensure that required airworthiness inspections have
been accomplished and any previous discrepancies have been corrected or
properly deferred in accordance with the MEL for that aircraft (as
- Comply with applicable Government, company, contract
and FAA required rules and regulations on all pilot duties. Must be meet requirements for Part 135
- Supervise or accomplish the aircraft preflight
inspection and preparation. - Ensure proper loading, distributing, and
security of cargo and passengers. - Determine aircraft weight and balance
is within prescribed limits.
- Complete aircraft flight maintenance log, load manifest
and discrepancy record form and ensure that a copy of each is delivered to
the Site Manager for filing upon the completion of each flight assignment.
- Supervise Field Support Crew.
- Retain final responsibility for the logging of aircraft
flight time and the filing and closing of flight plans and preparation of
flight and duty time records.
- Responsible for passenger safety and assuring ramp
security is maintained while passengers are being boarded or disembarked.
- Perform accurate precision long line work.
- Perform Fire Suppression by means of tank and external
bucket with at least 130 ft long line.
- Perform accurate and safe Aerial ignition missions.
- Delegate functions to other direct reports, but retains
overall responsibility. - Performs routine within CONUS travel as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- Valid US Passport
SKILLS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 1000
hours of turbine engine time.
- Applicants should have a current USFS/OAS card or
should be able to meet the carding requirements for the H125.
- Fire fighting experience with 150 ft vertical reference
and 200 hours of mountain experience required (terrain could be up to
12.000 ft). 200 hours in H125.
- Conversant in English.
Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified
and 300 hours of NVG experience
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to
achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is
accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal written
communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal
written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to
others and retains/processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships
collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals
tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
- Strategic Planning Decision-Making - Develops
strategic short long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing
urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals deadlines;
consults collaborates with appropriate people.
- Initiative Innovation - Generates new ideas
personally encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on
technology approaches to work; provides creative solutions
input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective
relationships with internal external customers; ability to work
independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a
- Quality Safety - Adheres to all safety
security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is
accurate, thorough efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal
organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes
successes failures to learn and improve.
- Training Development - Completes required
suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to
- Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently
promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially
responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
- Performance Management - Sets clear expectations
direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to
improve; is a positive role model
- Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses
sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency;
demonstrates knowledge of financial process results.
- Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company,
mission customer through effective frequent communications;
promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic
positive work culture.
Pre-Employment Drug screen and
background checks required.
We are an EOE and a drug, alcohol,
and tobacco free workplace. Brainerd Helicopters Inc/dba Firehawk Helicopters
and all its' affiliate companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or