More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
**This position is contingent upon contract award and/or funding**
This position supports the Vertical Launch Systems program in Baltimore, MD, performing all Logistics Management tasks associated with maintenance and modernization work for delivered systems. Specifically:
• Coordinate warehouse activities including the receipt, kitting, issue and periodic inventory of stock on hand.
• Liaison with internal and external customers for material handling requirements.
• Manage material activities to include work prioritization.
• Provide material estimates to support the planning and administration of authorized work.
• Procure, and ensure delivery, of all required material for planned and emergent work requirements.
• Provide progress reviews on material availability.
Locale: Middle River is an unincorporated community in Baltimore County, Maryland located on the Chesapeake Bay. It is located 10 minutes from Downtown Baltimore, featuring the famous Inner Harbor, National Aquarium, and Fort McHenry – the birth place of the Star Spangled Banner. Amtrak and the Maryland Transit Administration’s MARC Train supply both regular and commuter rail service to Baltimore, Washington, DC and surrounding areas. The Middle River facility is less than an hour away from the Lockheed Martin Corporate offices in Bethesda, MD. Baltimore/Middle River is a centralized location on the eastern seaboard and the Lockheed Martin facility is located less than a mile from the Martin State Airport train station allowing for easy commuting to and from many locations on the east coast. Our facility houses an on-site gym, wellness center, and the Lockheed Martin Federal Credit Union. A one to four hour drive takes you to areas such as Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, as well as the Virginia/Maryland Eastern Shore, DelMarVa beaches, the Jersey shore, and West Virginia. Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital, is less than an hour away and while there a visit to the home of the United States Naval Academy or traveling the Baltimore and Annapolis bike/hiking trail is a must. Washington, DC is also within a 2 hour drive, featuring many of the national museums, monuments, and memorials as well as the renowned National Zoological Park. Due to the variety of topography, the state of Maryland is known as America In Miniature. This includes the beaches on the Eastern Shore to the marshlands to the mountains in Western Maryland. There are many activities to participate in including hiking/biking trails, league sports, white water rafting, fishing, skiing/snowboarding to name a few.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
• A minimum eight (8) years of relative logistics experience
• Familiarity with basic warehouse operations; including the receipt, issue and periodic inventory of stock on hand.
• Inventory control and management.
• Experience with material management.
• Able to lift 50 poundsDesired Skills:
• Proven Leadership experience in a team environment.
• A working knowledge of Inventory Control Systems
• Understanding of warehousing and kitting processes.
• Customer interface experience in an integrated team environment.
• Proficient with warehouse automation tools and systems
• Forklift and HAZMAT Certification
• Experience with LM Sourcing processes
• VLS program experience in logistical support
• Shipyard maintenance experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Power Point in support of program products.
• Strong verbal written communication skills.