More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
Description: Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space supporting our Fleet Ballistic Missile Program! For over 60 years, the FBM team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic deterrence. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure! Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Titusville, FL is looking for an experienced Master Program Planning Manager. Responsibilities will require you have a broad understanding of Program Performance Management as well as familiarity with all phases of a program lifecycle. You will need to have proven ability to work with Program Management and Business communities in a complex organizational construct; be a reliable and effective communicator covering multiple delivery methods; and be able to resolve issues and ensure the overall integrity of the Program Planning Scheduling function. This position requires experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and use of LM Space EVMS.Summary of key duties - In this role you will:
• Work with the technical operational communities and program management to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
• Develop a compliant Integrated Master Schedule which accurately and comprehensively validates the contractual scope, flow and resources required to execute the program
• Validate cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management
• Manage vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artifacts compliant with LMs command media
• Drive efficiency and commonality within the FBM program
• Interface with program management, senior management, and the contractual customer as the program’s planning integrator
• Devise modeling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline
• Perform time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification, and schedule risk assessments to ensure program capability to meet commitments
• Resolve schedule conflicts, develop and implement work-around strategies and tactical alternatives
• Utilize performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance
• Supervise Program Planning team, including management of personnel assignments, establishment of priorities and ensuring adequate training
• Provide guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and company policy
• Be responsible for accuracy and timeliness of Program Planning artifacts for business area
• Coordinate with multiple sites in establishment of MS Project Server environment
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
• 8-10 years direct experience working in a Program Planning environment
• Experience in planning database tools such as Microsoft Project, or equivalent planning tool
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in planning processes such as critical path analyses, schedule risk analyses, work-around planning
• Previous planning/scheduling experience in a lead role on programs requiring EVMS
• Must be a United States citizen and be able to obtain a Secret security clearanceDesired Skills:
• Strong influencing and relationship management skills
• Microsoft Project Subject Matter Expert
• EVMS Subject Matter Expert
• Extensive knowledge of PPMP
• Knowledge of LM SPACE Command Media
• Able to use technical knowledge to mentor junior planners
• Cost and Schedule integration w/ regard to EVMS
• Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare, and present information to management and customers
• Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively across multiple disciplinesBenefits you can enjoy include:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards recognitionLearn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.