More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
The CASS Family of Test Systems Sustainment Deputy Program Manager will report directly to the Consolidated Naval Test Systems Portfolio Manager.
This position will assist the current Program Manager for the CASS consolidated PBL, eCASS ICS, CASS TPS CLS and NAVSUP Spares programs in an effort to grow performance-based logistics expertise in this important services area that is planned to grow significantly over the next 3-5 years.
The Deputy role for these programs will provide assistance to the PM in the following areas:
o Providing direction to program team members for all phases of the assigned programs tasks through completion.
o Coordinating the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of new contract scope associated with existing programs as well as newly awarded programs.
o Serve as a customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with internal program IPTs as well the customer to discuss cost, schedule, technical, and overall program performance.
o Establishment of milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program problems and obtain solutions; such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. The Deputy PM will also work to identify, assess, and build mitigation or capture plans for Program Risks or opportunities.
o Directing the work of employees assigned to the program to ensure mission success while at the same time monitoring performance against program metrics.
In addition to the above, you will be working very closely with the two main program IPTs: Supply Chain and Sustainment Engineering. You will be assigned tasks to assist these IPTs to expand your knowledge and gain experience with the sustainment programs processes, logistics tools, and business rhythms.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
· Recent experience in the US Navy, logistics/sustainment disciplines preferred
· Recent experience with US Government procurement and contracting
· Experience conducting negotiations
· Program or project management experience in a leadership role
· Demonstrated customer focus and demonstrated ability to build strong customer relationships
· Strong leadership skillset demonstrated through leadership of teams
· Strong analytical thinking and business acumen skills
· Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams in solving complex problems
· Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certifiedDesired Skills:
· Familiarity or demonstrated experience with Risk and Opportunity Management
· Experience establishing positive customer relationships with Government and Industry customers.
· Ability to develop and brief presentation material to leadership and the customer on analysis results and recommendations
· Experience with sustainment, logistics and conducting business case analysis