More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 5:37:43 PM
Reporting to the Director of Security Fire Operations, this Sr. Manager leads employees within the Security and Fire Protection organization at the Boeing Philadelphia Site.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Manages activities across site security and fire protection disciplines including: uniform security contract oversight, fire protection operations, emergency response, badging, lock and key, emergency preparedness, information protection, threat management, security education training and special projects.
• Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
• Assigns authority and responsibilities to first-level managers to execute the plan.
• Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
• Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with site executives, customers, stakeholders, peers, direct reports and local jurisdiction representatives.
• Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
• Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities of first-level managers and others within their department.
• Provides on-going developmental feedback.
• Promotes employee recognition and builds a departmental culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce.
• Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, diversity, safety, security, use of company property and time charging.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Typical Education and Experience
Bachelors degree and typically 10 or more years related work experience, a Masters degree and typically 7 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Experience with Security Fire Protection policies and procedures
- Experience communicating with all levels of employees
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Experience with government security policies
- Bachelors Degree or higher
- Familiar with applicable Boeing Company and Security Fire Protection policies and procedures
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.