More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: DRS Technologies
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
Job ID: 100716
The Leonardo DRS Naval Power Systems business is a trusted provider of innovative naval gas and hybrid power systems, control technology and support solutions for the U.S. Navy and navies around the world.
- Responsible for the direct management of an accounting staff engaged in general or specialized accounting functions, such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cost Accounting and the like, in accordance with GAAP policies and procedures
- Manage accurate, timely, completion of reports
- Responsible for the employment, training, motivation and discipline of direct reports (may include support and/or professional staff members)
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Apply principles of accounting to monitor and analyze financial information, and prepare specialized reports
- Balance books and prepare accounting statements (i.e., profit/loss, income, cash flow, etc.) and schedule
- Record assets and liabilities and other financial transactions
- Maintain records of disbursements and expenses
- Review accounts and reports for accuracy
- May contribute to the design or modification of accounting systems
- Contribute to improving processes and procedures that accurately capture, track and report on financial transactions
- Ensure adherence to and communication of accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelorrsquo;s degree in accounting with 5+ years of accounting experience (or equivalent related education and experience)
- CPA or MBA preferred
- At least 2+ years supervisory experience
- Proven proficiency in leading the day-to-day activities of the department
- Expert knowledge of Excel is required
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.