More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Lockheed Martin
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
The CH-53K Flight Test team is currently seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, flexible individual with proven communication / organizational skills, familiarity with full criteria earned value and experience in project and program management. The selected candidate will have responsibility for cost, schedule and technical performance of the Flight Test scope, as well as customer and LM senior management interface and integration and coordination with all functional areas. The Deputy Assistant Program Manager (DAPM) will assist the APM in leading the Overarching IPT for the program with a focus on tactical contract execution and facilitation activity.
The responsibilities of the DAPM are as follows:
• Act as the primary Earned Value point of contact for the IPT and provide direction and oversight of their direct reporting Control Account Managers.
• This position requires demonstrated superior program and project management skills and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ensuring IPT meets cost, schedule and technical requirements.
• Managing schedule and financial performance.
• Leading discussions with internal and external customers on program performance.
• Coordinating closely with technical, operations, and supply chain staff for program execution.
• Leading a diverse multi-functional team across multiple locations.
• Acting in a professional manner that facilitates getting results, while building and maintaining an effective team.
• Supporting proposal activities, including proposal development, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Overall ownership of schedule execution.
• Manage the CH-53K Risk and Opportunities process by working with the APM, Technical Lead, Control Account Managers/Work Package Managers and their Financial Analyst to develop plans to mitigate cost growth and develop realistic Estimates at Complete (EAC).
• Development of an overall strategy and plan.
Requirements: Basic Qualifications:
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience; or 6 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.Desired Skills:
• Experience and training in Program Management execution
• Ability to operate in a virtual and matrix organization
• Ability to drive and implement change
• Experience managing development efforts
• Strong communication skills and experience interacting with Engineering and Technology and senior executive leaders
• Knowledge of EPRS, Metrics and Process Management
• Risk and Opportunity Experience
• Ability to review and analyze program metrics to provide analysis and predictions of program performance
• Demonstrated detail and process-oriented capability
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to support a flexible work schedule
• Completed all RMS Risk and Opportunity management training
• Familiarity with Flight Test Programs
• Experience managing with metrics
• Demonstrated team building experience
• Strong Customer relationship and management skills
• Experience on high risk (red/yellow) programs and briefing senior leaders