More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Compass Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 7:20:04 PM
Compass Airlines is seeking a Supervisor of Crew Scheduling to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota #8211; Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization.
The Supervisor of Crew Scheduling is responsible for the oversight of the daily Crew Scheduling operations including the supervision of crew schedulers. The Supervisor of Crew Scheduling is responsible for the safety and legality of the Compass Airlines flight crew members in accordance with 14 CFR 117 and 121 Chapter 1 (FAA regulations) and Compass Airlines Operations Specifications. This position is responsible for maintaining current records of crew duty and rest activity. In conjunction with each crew member, the Supervisor of Crew Scheduling is responsible for ensuring that schedules are in compliance with applicable CFRs and labor agreements. The Supervisor of Crew Scheduling will work with other operational personnel to keep all parties informed of crew rest issues, scheduling conflicts and legality concerns.
Provide crew scheduling information to crew members on a daily basis
Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
Hours and shifts vary to meet departmental requirements
Other duties as assigned
Position is part of a multi-departmental System Operations Control
Multiple personnel within a large work space
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Crew Scheduling
- Experience with Sabre Crew Trac
- Experience working with Flightline applications
- Working knowledge of crew scheduling policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Crew member collective bargaining agreements
- Knowledge of FARs (Federal Aviation Regulations)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to identify and resolve crew legality/scheduling conflicts
- Associate's Degree or higher
- Compass Crew Scheduling experience
- Ability to multi task and perform under irregular operating conditions
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to mentor and train crew schedulers
- BA/BS preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- There are prolonged periods during which individuals are working seated at a desk with their computer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fundamental understanding and use of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Can work independently while still keeping a team perspective
- Must be detail orientated with ability to multi-task on a regular basis
- Must be a self-starter and be able to show demonstrated ability to be discreet in matters of confidential information.
- Must be flexible with respect to work schedule and willing to assist and support others within the company when needed.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Enthusiastic, outgoing personality is a key attribute for success
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate with associated departments
- Answering and handling calls from crew members through the main phone line
- Provide crew scheduling information to crew members on a daily basis
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material
- Hours and shifts vary to meet departmental requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Position is part of a multi-departmental System Operations Control
- Multiple personnel within a large work space
- Cube environment
Internal Compass employees will be given initial consideration for this position.
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.