More Aviation Jobs!
Pilot - San Diego, California
Company/Organization: MedImpact Healthcare Systems
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
MINCA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MI Holdings, Inc., is currently searching for a dynamic addition to its team. If you're interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application.
The Pilot III shall make safety their overall goal in executing their duties in the operation of company aircraft (Challenger 300) and other assigned tasks. This person is required to adhere to the direction and intent of company Flight Operations Manual on flights under normal, abnormal,
and emergency conditions. This position reports to the Chief Pilot.
What You Get To Do:
- Conduct any given flight with the highest regard to safety of the crew, passengers, cargo, and equipment
- Provide excellent, world class customer service to all passengers
- Maintain all currency requirements as per Title 14 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR)
- Comply with all applicable regulations set forth in 14 CFR
- Comply with all policies and procedures set forth in the company Flight Operations
- Manual (FOM)
- Complete all required training as set forth in the company FOM
- Maintain have valid/current airmen certificates, medical certificates, passports, visas, and vaccinations if and when required
- Provide leadership and supervise all flight crews directly and may assist others in completing their assigned duties and functions
- Assume the Lead Pilot role on the Challenger 300
- Communicate effectively with passengers concerning the flight, ensuring all passenger needs are met and all are briefed in accordance to the requirements
- Ensure the aircraft has been properly released for service by the maintenance staff and all open discrepancies are cleared per the minimum equipment list
- Coordinate with the maintenance staff to rectify any maintenance problems
- Conduct a pre-trip briefing and/or review of the trip with other crewmembers including the flight plan and route, weather, applicable NOTAMs, and all pertinent trip details
- Comply with assigned schedules and other directives governing aircraft operations
- Ensure that all flight planning requirements have been met
- Ensure a flight plan or other authorized flight locating procedure is followed on each flight to the Aviation Scheduler
- Make decisions as necessary to the start, delay or cancellation of the flight, or deviation from a planned destination when operating conditions dictate, notifying the Aviation Scheduler of any changes
Requirements: Education and/or Experience
For consideration candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and five (5) plus years' experience flying a corporate aircraft; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Minimum of 5,000 flight hours total time
- Minimum of 3,000 hours in multi-engine aircraft
- Minimum of 1000 hours in turbojet aircraft (500 hours in Challenger 300/350 preferred)
- Hold a FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, with AS/MEL and Instrument ratings
- Type rating in Challenger 300/350 (preferred)
- Completed manufacturer's approved initial training program and a minimum of two recurrent training courses in Challenger 300/350 (preferred)
- Hold an FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- This position requires both domestic and international travel of up to 25%. A valid passport and ability to leave the United States is required.