More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Compass Airlines
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 7:20:04 PM
Compass Airlines is seeking Non-Line Capable Simulator Instructors to join our team at our Minneapolis, Minnesota #8211; Headquarters location. We are looking for an innovative and technical individual, with exceptional business judgment, as well as the initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the Compass organization. Job Purpose
Simulator Instructor #8211; Non Line Capable (NLC): executes flight training programs for the Embraer ERJ 170 aircraft and imparts academic knowledge and cognitive-psychomotor skills to new-hire and line pilots, to ensure safe and efficient operations of Compass Airlines' aircraft. The instructor conducts pilot flight training in advanced training devices and simulators.
Requirements: Job Qualifications Required
- Have instructional training background and extensive training experience in aviation or aviation related field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
- Embraer 170/190 Type Rating
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Hold an Airline Transport Pilot certificate
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- None beyond those needed for a typical office employee.
- Knowledge of Part 91 and Part 121 flight rules and Part 121 flight operations
- Knowledge and understanding of Part 121 Flight Crewmember policies, procedures and processes.
- Must have ability to instruct trainee pilots in all aspects of training curriculum.
- To perform duties, must have skills to operate training devices while conducting instruction
- Must be able to understand technical publications and regulations and apply them into training.
- Must be PC literate with skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Position based primarily in MSP Training Center but may require travel to other training facilities to conduct training
- Instruct student pilots in the E175 curriculum
- Instruct in Full Flight Simulator and Integrated Procedures Trainers
- Instruct in a classroom and briefing room setting
- Must have ability to work an alternative work schedule and be available at short notice
- Complete training records and write training reports as required
- Classroom instruction
- Full motion flight simulator
Job Description Disclaimer:
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.