More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/17/2020 5:54:55 PM
Description: Manufacturing and Production - Leadership
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.AVIONICS PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (WIRE HARNESS)
As a Production Supervisor, you will ensure that SpaceX produces quality products, on time, every time. You will be an expert on floor processes and capabilities and will supervise all functions of the Harness Production Team, including facilities management, performance planning, and product related functions. You will help develop a team that is capable of achieving throughput and quality that push beyond the boundaries of “industry standard”.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and steer the collective efforts of all electronics production technicians.
- Enforce area standards and run rules (includes bi-annual reviews and disciplinary action).
- Interface with area leadership and prioritize work based on production schedule and organizational goals.
- Schedule risk identification and mitigation.
- Coordinate support organization efforts to minimize production interruptions.
- Ensure product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Disposition non-conforming hardware to efficiently return them to conforming state and normal product flow.
- Improve area safety and efficiency through regular auditing and continuous improvement.
- Establish and analyze area metrics for trend extrapolation to drive the following:
- Personnel training and development.
- Development and implementation of efficiency improvement projects.
- Optimization of product flow through the factory.
- Root cause analysis and the implementation of corresponding corrective action plans.
- Identification and elimination of defects within the area value stream.
- Reduction of downtime for product and personnel.
- Lead efforts to transition product from engineering development to full rate production.
- Review drawings and technical data packages for manufacturability, provide constructive feedback to engineering/design community.
Associates degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment, bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in a electro-mechanical manufacturing environment, or 10 years in electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.Minimum of 3 years in a leadership position.PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- SpaceX experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Lean manufacturing training and experience.
- Experience monitoring, tracking and continually improving total cost equation.
- Experience with applying lean manufacturing principles, efficiency methods required.
- Demonstrated ability to read, interpret controlled documentation and processes such as: cable harnesses, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, GD amp;T, assembly procedures / work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists.
- Familiarity with Design for Manufacturability, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, and Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- Harness, electro-mechanical assembly and prototype development experience preferred.
- Experience preferred in fast-paced production environment with flight quality hardware.
- Six Sigma Certification.
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment.
- Proficient with computers, the ability to use MS Office, shop floor management software (ERP) and related programs.
- Ability to distinguish colors is required.
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 10% travel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. unassisted, stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.