More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/1/2019 12:00:01 PM
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR (STARSHIP)
SpaceX is looking for an experienced equipment maintenance supervisor to oversee all maintenance activities at SpaceXs Starship production site in Boca Chica, TX. Responsibilities include maintaining and troubleshooting the most advanced machines and equipment required to produce our rockets. This will include composites ovens, welding systems, multi axis robots, 3 phase motors, power distribution panels, CNC machines, and various types of control systems. In addition, this individual will be responsible for ensuring work is completed based on work order schedules and emergency breakdowns. We are looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills, and extensive experience working in a fast paced environment, managing schedules and workflow.
- Create and update corrective maintenance work orders for asset in failure. Support the production team with establishing the type of corrective maintenance and timelines, based on the analyses of each asset in failure, in order to create reduction in equipment downtime.
- Assign technicians and contractors to preventative maintenance, unplanned downtime, and improvement project based work orders.
- Supervise the execution of downtime work orders and monitor progress. Step in to support troubleshooting as needed to ensure a timely completion. Communicate progress to the stakeholders at any time during the work. Use metrics such as mean time to repair, mean time to failure, average response time, and equipment availability.
- Check whether all activities have been executed as planned and whether the asset, is working again, according to required values. Establish possible residual effects and take required action to prevent production limiting scenarios.
- Run tests on the asset and when applicable establish deviations, after a successful test hands over the asset to production.
- Develop root cause analysis reports to feedback learning and improvement opportunities to the maintenance engineers and asset owners to further improve maintenance performance.
- Assign the correct skills to each work order and maintain a skills matrix for all technicians and identify their training needs.
- Keep a daily log of activities and create major breakdown reports. Manage workforce shift utilization and absence request.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience in a leadership role or vocational level with 6+ years of experience in a leadership role.
- 2+ years of experience working with electrical and hydraulic engineering blueprints.
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Office and shop floor management software (ERP).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience working with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and logic based systems in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with engineering and production teams.
- Ability to adapt to constant changing work assignments and a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with outstanding work efficiency and accuracy.
- Experience applying lean manufacturing principles, and efficiency methods.
- Detail oriented, organized, and demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted.
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be open to working all required shift hours, including extended hours and weekends, as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.