More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Boeing Company
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2020 7:28:33 PM
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you will learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space Security (BDS) organization is seeking SeniorManufacturing Manager to join the team located in Saint Louis, MO.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Current Bachelor’s degree or within the next 6 month
- This position will be on 2nd shift. Weekend support as part of a rotation plan is expected.
- 3+ years of experience with process improvement and lean manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience with overseeing responsibilities and tasks performed by various Operations department/disciplines (e.g., Fabrication, Assembly, Tooling, Quality).
- Program start up experience
- Theory of constraints experience
- 3+ years of experience with assembly and structures manufacturing.
- 1+ years of experience managing a Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU) / hourly union-represented workforce
- Experience in a managerial role within Aerospace manufacturing
- Experience developing project execution plans, schedules and budgets
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
This position is for 2nd Shift.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.