More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/17/2020 5:54:55 PM
Description: Vehicle Engineering - Mechanical Design and Development
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.LEAD INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP)RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and provide daily support to the Boca Chica Starship Team
- Schedule and assign work, and assess completed work
- Coordinate technician assignments to keep Starship production workflow progressing efficiently
- Read, interpret and work from free form drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Make critical decisions on the fly in a fast paced environment that allows for the most efficient use of time and resources
- Look ahead and plan for upcoming operations and decide on the best course of action
- Facilitate corrections to issues within the production process and/or involving personnel; initiate and foster a spirit of cooperation within and between shifts
- Lead training initiates/programs
- Maintain department’s tooling and consumable supply inventory
/li>5+ years of experience as a technician working on vehicle integrationPREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience bringing teams and processes from development to production desirable
- Prior leadership experience including leading teams, projects, or people
- A demonstrated ability in reading and understanding technical drawings, manuals, and reports
- 5+ years of experience as a technician in a mechanical capacity
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- This is currently a 1st shift role (12-hour shifts, 6:00am – 6:00pm). However, must be willing to work 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift, as well as overtime and weekends as needed
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying moderately heavy materials or equipment (15-25 lbs)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments - heat, cold, rain
- Work occasionally performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Must be available to work all required shift hours and be available to work overtime and weekends as needed
- May be necessary to travel occasionally to other SpaceX locations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.