More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Swift Air, LLC
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/7/2019 8:13:37 PM
Swift Air is seeking a highly motivated Director of Safety
based in Miami, FL.
The Director of Safety is responsible for ensuring that procedures, policies and standards are established and maintained allowing the Company to operate to the highest level of safety.
The following outlines our minimum requirements for applicants:
- Must be qualified to serve as 14 CFR Part 121 Director of Safety under 119.65
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 121 air carrier flight operation procedures including experience with flight operation safety reporting programs.
- Demonstrated experience in auditing, technical writing or regulatory compliance preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Has practical knowledge of Safety Management System (SMS)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- The Director of Safety reports to the CEO of the Company.
- The Director of Safety is responsible for the administration of the Swift Air Safety Program. The Safety Program consists of the Company wide audit program as defined in the Swift Air Safety Manual. The Company-wide audit addresses all important programs within the Company, defines specific items to be audited and the standards applied during the audit.
- The Director of Safety is also responsible for administration of the Company-wide Hazard Report process.
- The Director of Safety will always be receptive and available to discuss safety issues with Company employees.
- The Director of Safety is responsible for compliance with applicable State and Federal work place safety regulations.
- Responsible for Content Consistency across Manuals Process for operations process for all Company manuals, and the ground safety program process.