Change/Release Management Technical Specialist 5
Who You Are
You are a Change and Release Management Specialist able to manage, track, and approve ITS environment changes and software releases to production system environments. It is important that you have experience in understanding and performing our Change Management policies and Release Management procedures. You have experience in being able to identify deficiencies in the system and process and have influence in fixing and analyzing. As a Change and Release Management Specialist you may need to create reports and metrics to ensure that approved changes and releases are completed within the system so that during audits all information is correct. You also have strong interpersonal skills to work with subject matter experts from IT organizations and Development as well as peers on the team to ensure alignment to the Change Management and Release policies.
- Execute the change management process using ITIL best practices and industry standards for change
- Manage the daily Change Management and Release Management functions including maintaining and documenting change management procedures, technical and business impact assessment
- Lead Change Review meetings with local team members, stakeholders and management
- Identify and manage scheduling conflicts working with teams to negotiate implementation dates and schedules across the organization
- Ensure analysis is conducted to assess potential impacts of proposed changes
- Exceptional written and Interpersonal skills: Communicate effectively and concisely with applications teams, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Manage risks and resolves issues that impact release scope, schedule, cost and quality
- Works with Configuration Management, Deployment team, Test and Quality teams to successfully deliver high-quality software
- Performance Goal and Standards Setting: Develop and communicate to realistic timelines via plans that consider potential obstacles immediate and long-term consequences
- Understand datacenter business objectives: Critically review multiple plans and adjust as needed. Proactively communicate and address necessary trade-offs
- Process and Technology: Demonstrate a solid understanding of IT environment including operational processes and industry best practices
- Effectively changes plans, goals, actions or priorities to respond to changing situations.
- Team Player: Ability to both contribute strategically to the change and release team and support strategic decisions
- Develop, manage, and contribute to maturing our ITSM processes, including the ServiceNow platform
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.