More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Empire Airlines
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/3/2019 6:56:18 PM
Join an innovative airline with over 40 years of history. Empire Airlines, known for our #8220;WE CAN DO THAT!#8221; attitude, is looking for a Ohana by Hawaiian Part 121 ATR First Officer to join our team.
Empire Airlines has been operating Ohana by Hawaiian since its inception in 2013. Ohana, the Hawaiian word for Family, is providing inner island passenger service and cargo service in Hawaii; with flights to Oahu, Lanai, Molokai, and Kapalua in West Maui.
Our passenger fleet consists of ATR 42-500 and our cargo fleet consists of ATR 72-500 aircraft.
Employee benefits include PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, travel benefits, paid holidays, healthy lifestyle incentives, referral program, and other optional benefits. For eligible employees, we also offer Known Crewmember (KCM) and CASS (jump seat) benefits.
Please apply at www.empireairlines.com/careers for consideration.
The First Officer will support and enhance the Captain's ability through safe, efficient and compliant flight services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely maneuver aircraft in all phases of flight; check all conditions concerning the flight, including weather, cargo safety and verify go/no-go decision; verify fuel requirements and related weather variables and assure proper loading; make alternate destination decision should the intended destination not be available.
- Be aware of all situations as they arise relating to any unusual circumstances occurring during the flight; maintain effective communications during the flight with stations, towers, flight controllers and dispatchers; file required and/or applicable reports required by the FAA; maintain proper records of flight hours in conjunction with Dispatch to assure proper FAA rest requirements and Company directives are met;
- Maintain familiarity and knowledge of new concepts and innovations, changes in regulations, procedures and improvements concerning the safe operations of all Company aircraft; maintain full knowledge of all applicable policies, procedures, manuals, handbooks and protocol; serve as a positive, constructive, communicative leader for the Company and its customers and policies for the industry and its participants.
- Review Company bulletins and other correspondence, e-mails and voicemails on a daily basis; submit all transmittals, expense reports and other Company documents/correspondence accurately and in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Serve as positive role model for ethical behavior and promote an awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles that is consistent with these principles; provide guidance, direction, management and support in a secure and dignified work environment; promote and support the mission of Empire Airlines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
ATR FIRST OFFICER REQUIREMENTS
Fixed wing minimums:
- ATP certificate with MEL
- 2nd class medical
- 1500 TT
- 250 PIC
- 50 MEL
- All requirements under 61.159
- IFR currency and proficiency
Work is performed in an office environment, outdoors and in an aircraft. Will be exposed to inclement weather. Requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, and stooping for extended periods of time. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity, speaking, seeing, and hearing to conduct business. Work at
different locations as required.
Empire is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to our recruiting team.