More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Nicholas Air
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 1/19/2021 3:15:59 PM
Nicholas Air is seeking a qualified Part 119 candidate for our opening as Chief Pilot. The candidate must have recent experience compliant with FAA regulations to ensure no waiver requests are necessary upon nomination to the FSDO. Competitive salary and benefits package are available for qualified candidates. This is a full-time position to be performed at the primary operating location of the company, Oxford, MS.
The Chief Pilot is responsible for the Flight Department's day-to-day operations, flight crew training, all flight training manuals, and to revise such manuals subject to final approval of the Director of Operations. The Chief Pilot's qualifications must meet the minimum requirements set forth in FAR119.71(c). The Chief Pilot is also responsible for exercising Operational Control, as delegated by the Director of Operations, under FAR Part 135.77 and FAA Operations Specifications Paragraph A008, the performance of assigned flight crews and assigned office personnel, and to ensure a safe, cost-effective and reliable operation, in accordance with established company policies, the Federal Aviation Regulations, and Operations Specifications, and consistent with client expectations.
- Direct supervisor of flight crew personnel.
- Ensures that all flight duty assignments are in accordance with FAR 135.95.
- Maintains required crewmember files and records as set forth in FAR135.63 (a)(4).
- Ensures that all crewmembers are certified and supervised according to FAR 135.95.
- Conducts or supervises all training activities of flight crew personnel.
- Maintains proficiency records, training records, pilot files, flight schedules, and duty time records.
- Prepares reports and correspondence pertaining to flight operations activities.
- Assists in formulating operations policies, preparing and managing revisions of the GOM, Operations Specifications, and Training Manuals.
- Assists with pilot recruiting activities as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience as a pilot-in-command in Part 135 operations.
- Able to demonstrate verifiable experience in managing training and scheduling of a pilot roster.
- Must be current in a least one multi-engine turbine aircraft, with documented recurrent training, accomplished within the last 12 months.
- Possess outstanding communications skills both in person and via phone/video conference.
- Free of any documented flight violations, mishaps or incidents in the past 10 years.
- Candidate will be expected to fly as necessary to meet flight schedule requirements.
- Experience as a check airman is preferred but candidates with significant ME CFI time will be considered.
- A minimum of 2,500 hours total flight time and at least 500 hours of multi-engine PIC time in a Part 135 environment.
- Current FAA First Class Medical
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Never failed a Drug or Alcohol Test
- Pass background and security checks
- Subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
#8220;We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, inquiry or discussion about compensation, or any other characteristic protected by law.#8221;