More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/8/2019 2:55:57 PM
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading and supervising the quality functions to ensure aircraft maintenance, service, and repair activities for assigned site(s) conform and are in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements as prescribed in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) and/or foreign CAA regulatory requirements for which the Repair Station is appropriately rated. Administer and implement quality and record-keeping standards, practices, policies and procedures. Supervise the training and deployment of Standard Practices and monitoring quality consistency throughout assigned site(s). Support the Quality Manager or accountable manager in assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Perform supervisory responsibilities for assigned employees and area(s), for example, performance review and feedback, opportunities for professional development and growth, and personnel decisions concerning hire, fire, disciplinary issues, and salary adjustments
- Lead, direct, and coach aircraft inspectors in performing aircraft heavy maintenance, line maintenance, and repair and overhaul quality control and inspection activities
- Assign inspectors in the areas of aircraft, parts, and NDT inspection based upon skill, experience, and qualification of individual team members
- Perform verbal and written tie-in/turnover indicating status of work progress
- Provide inspector training and certification to include classroom training, OJT, testing, and return to service authorization letters
- Develop, administer, and maintain the written practice procedure for the qualification and certification of nondestructive testing personnel including serving as certifying authority
- Review and resolve controversial and/or circumstantial write-ups including presentation to higher authority
- Oversee periodic audits of aircraft records and logs to ensure compliance with applicable FARs
- Oversee records filing system for each aircraft, for example, aircraft flight log, airframe log book, engine log book, component records, delivery records, certificate of airworthiness, airworthiness directives, and radio license
- Serve as a point-of-contact for customers (including FAA as applicable) concerning maintenance operations, for example, compliance, conformance issues, and overall relationship
- Review, develop, and implement recommendations for aircraft maintenance concerning, for example, proposed/published manufacturer's recommendations, service bulletins, and FAA airworthiness directives
- Review, develop, and implement recommendations for associated technical operations manuals, for example, minimum equipment lists (MELs), maintenance procedures, and quality policy manuals
- Assume the responsibility of and act as acting QA Manager during absence of QA Manager as required by assigned site
- May be responsible for serving as the primary point-of-contact for the FAA and maintaining the overall relationship with other regulatory agencies as required by assigned site
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have A P certification
- You typically have 6+ years of experience in quality assurance within aerospace industry, which must include 2+ years of supervisory or lead experience either in aircraft maintenance or quality
- You have working knowledge of applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, including but not limited to, part 21, 25, 43, 65, 91, 121, 135, and 145
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with our customers, regulatory agencies and representatives, suppliers, and all levels of management team and other departments and sites throughout Bombardier Aerospace
- You have working knowledge of computer skills including but not limited to SAP, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office software (Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
- You demonstrate leadership to train employees in the performance of duties in area of specialization
- You have the ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and organize effectively
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you. Your ideas move people.