More Aviation Jobs!
PC-12 Pilot - Kabul, Kabol Afghanistan, International
Company/Organization: ARMA Aviation
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/23/2020 1:52:38 PM
- Supports the execution of post-maintenance required ground runs and maintenance test flights.
- Coordinates with and follows the direction of the Government Flight Representative to include participation in aviation program and safety teams.
- As a rated crew-member, supports flight testing of applicable aircraft to determine that the airframe, power plant, accessories, and items of equipment are functioning IAW pre-determined requirements.
- As a rated crewmember supports maintenance operational checks of aircraft on the ground through engine run-up, aircraft taxiing, or use of auxiliary power or testing equipment, to ensure that aircraft systems or components disturbed during an inspection or maintenance action have been repaired, reassembled, or adjusted satisfactorily.
- Maintain currency/proficiency on aircraft of record.
- Serve as pilot/co-pilot for air movement operations, as required, between the three primary operational locations within Afghanistan
- After each flight, perform a thorough visual inspection to the extent necessary to ensure that deficiencies developed as a result of the flight are detected and corrected before the aircraft is released for further flight.
- Mentor and provide on-the-job training to assigned partner nation personnel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have demonstrated ability to accurately analyze and interpret technical procedures and regulations.
- Must be detail oriented, have a strong work ethic, and be capable of managing multiple tasks.
- Must possess a strong sense of workplace safety, professional customer service, and task urgency.
- Work well with others in a team environment in close proximity for extended periods of time.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Past or current designation as a Pilot/Aircraft Commander on the applicable aircraft and 1,500 hours' experience (incl. 200 hours/2 years' experience with Functional Check flights) in performing duties for operational, ferry, and support flights.
- Must be certified on aircraft of record.
- Experience supporting flight operations and training in a deployed environment with former military experience preferred.
- DoD Pilot Training Certification and DoD Transition School for applicable aircraft or FAA/EASA/ICAO approved flight certification required.
- BA/BS preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment:
- Must possess a military medical or FAA Class II clearance and be able to meet applicable physical and physiological minimum requirements for the applicable aircraft.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screening; subsequent random screening per antidrug and alcohol misuse prevention program requirements.
- Work assignment in a remote OCONUS location.
- Austere living and working conditions, with long hours and exposure to harsh weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of requirements to mobilize on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
ARMA Aviation is an EEO/AAP employer.