More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Mountain Air Cargo
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/23/2020 8:02:36 PM
We are committed to providing a stable, growth-oriented and inspiring work environment that offers opportunities for professional, personal and financial growth. If you are interested in joining a growing team, where YOU are our most valuable asset, then MAC is the place for you.
ATR Program Training Manager
Provide management for all company flight training and standards activity in the ATR Flight Training Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains the status of training schedules and responsible for verifying all training that is due and that it is accomplished
* Audits training records received, and responsible for verifying that the record system and pilot training status are updated and maintained accurately
* Attends daily operations meetings, as directed
* Reviews and sends out status reports to designated staff
* Authorizes simulator training requests for upcoming classes
* Validates and codes training invoices for approval by the Director of Operations (DO)
* Inventories and purchases training equipment, as required
* Monitors expiring training times
* Coordinates New Hire indoctrination
* All ATR Ground and Simulator Instructors report to the ATR Program Manager during all training events. Instructors involved with day to day line flying or checking events report to the Chief Pilot or DO during these events.
* Ensures that instructors conduct training of crewmembers in compliance with FARs and company approved procedures.
* Act as a liaison between simulator vendors and MAC.
* Assist the Vice President of Flight Operations and Director of Operations in maintaining currency and revision status of all training manuals and training forms.
* Assists the DO to maintain all ground school curricula and presentations to reflect current policies and procedures of the ATR program.
* Maintain and keep current all relevant learning aids and equipment used in the training of ATR flight crewmembers
* Maintain the CBT programs as they relate to the ATR flight crewmember training program
* Teach ground school courses, simulator events and conduct training evaluations as required by the DO
* Prepares reports on student retention, attrition, student progress and pass/fail rates.
* Any other duties as assigned by the DO.
Education and Experience:
* An Associate's degree with an aviation related, or business administration major is required. An equivalent combination of relevant education and training management work experience may be substituted.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the FAR 121 operating and ground, simulator and flight training environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical data, safety rules/regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write management reports and correspondence.
* Ability to develop and proof training materials.
* Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees.
* Strong planning and organizational skills.
* Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
* Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
* Able to qualify as an ATR line Captain, Simulator Instructor and Check Airman
* Stay up to date on current training and development techniques and relevant information to the aviation field.
* Stay up to date with regulatory FAA and TSA training requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
* Work typically performed in an office environment. However, sometimes work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, or dust, etc.
* Light physical effort - Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking. Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
* May work at different locations as needs require.
* Ability to travel to offsite locations (Up to 50%).
Mountain Air Cargo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.