More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: STS Technical Services
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 12/4/2019 4:13:09 PM
Description: STS Technical Services
is hiring Line Planners in Chicago, Illinois.
Technical Operations is the maintenance, repair and overhaul division. The department includes maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
- The line planner will manage and oversee the compliance of all planned maintenance requirements regulated by the maintenance programs.
- This person will also be responsible for recovery, support, and coordination of deferred and routine maintenance including; station capabilities, man-power, facility, materials, and tooling availability to accomplish planned events while providing oversight and direction to aircraft routing and operations for planned maintenance opportunities.
- Manage and ensures the timely compliance of all planned maintenance requirements regulated by the maintenance programs
- Recovery, support and coordination of deferred and routine maintenance including; station capabilities, man-power, facility, materials and tooling availability to accomplish planned events
- Provide recommendations and direction to aircraft routing and operations for planned maintenance opportunities
- Key stakeholder in the coordination and planning for out of service aircraft and line hold work package plans.
- Provides workload prioritization guidance to maintenance
- Access and utilize maintenance manuals and IPCsReview databases of both line and base maintenance capabilities and manpower availability to accurately plan and schedule work assignments
- Assure the company’s goals for safety, security, and quality are met by continual compliance with the company Safety Management System (SMS) program and reporting through the appropriate process any noncompliance observations
- Support and uphold metric goals and understanding how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Monitor any inconsistencies and adjust to improve overall fleet efficiencies
- At least 10 domestic travel required
- High School Diploma, GED or education equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant License
- 3 years in the aircraft maintenance industry
- Strong background and knowledge of aircraft and engine maintenance
- Knowledge of how to read and interpret Aircraft Maintenance Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, and Engineering documents.
- Excellent communication, analytical and computer skills
- Must be able to multitask and be detail oriented
- Flexible and capable of adapting to constant change
- Ability to successfully work well with others in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift in a 24 hour/7 day a week operation including weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Up to 10 travel
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with policies
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- College Degree in Aviation or Business Management
- Working knowledge of Maintenance Programs and aircraft routing
- 2 years of maintenance planning experience
- 2 years in an aircraft maintenance management role
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.