More Aviation Jobs!
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 5/18/2022 9:30:12 PM
Gulfstream is the world standard in business aviation. We design, develop, outfit, manufacture and service business jet aircraft for corporations, governments and individuals around the world. We8217;re on a mission to create and deliver the finest aviation experience for our customers and an unmatched work experience for our employees. Our people make the difference. By holding ourselves to the highest standards, we create and deliver the world8217;s finest aviation experience. We offer excellent benefits active day one, vacation time, tuition reimbursement and for thos eligible sign-on bonuses. Apply today to be a part of creating amp; deliviering the worldapos;s finest aviation experience.
Indirect Purchasing/Procurement Expertise strongly preferred.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelorapos;s Degree in business administration or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Masterapos;s Degree preferred. 10 years related procurement and contract experience to include at least five (5) years of progressively responsible management experience or progressive procurement experience. Supervisory experience preferred.. Position Purpose
Under minimal supervision, manages and coordinates all activities involved in the purchase of aircraft components and/or non-aircraft required. supplies and services within his/her assigned area of responsibility in accordance with the required. delivery date and applicable quality requirements, company policies and procedures. Ensures achievement of Corporate and organizational goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all activities within assigned Purchasing Department.
- Reviews, approves and participates in the development of negotiation strategies and negotiation of major contracts involving equipment, materials and services and ensure appropriate administration of contracts.
- Reviews and approves award of agreements and purchase orders which exceed the buyers signature authorization level, and reviews and concurs in awards which exceed his/her signature authorization level, or rejects either for correction and/or addition of essential documentation. .
- Develops recommendations for and monitors progress toward timely support of program requirements, internal customer required. need dates, departmental budget constraints, revenue targets and other objectives.
- Responsible for the selection, development, and retention of subcontract administrators, buyers and procurement support staff. .
- Serves as a liaison between purchasing and financial management, cost analysis, engineering, program management, legal, manufacturing and other internal customers, as required.
- Prepares reports, develops and maintains metrics for the departments performance and ensures maintenance of appropriate records. .
- Develops, implements and monitors programs to minimize life cycle costs, optimize inventory, ensure quality and reliability, maintain Lean Manufacturing initiatives, support implementation of material initiatives, and initiate and implement corporate-wide agreements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Significant expertise in dealing with complex procurements.
- Detailed knowledge in purchasing methods and techniques.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Requisition Number: 190844
Posting Type: Internal-External
Department: J0320-Indirect Procurement
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of Openings: 1
Posting End Date: 08/31/2022
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information Site Utilities Contacts Sitemap
Copyright 2020 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the worldapos;s most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft