More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: PSA Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/9/2019 4:41:14 PM
Director of Operations Planning and Performance
* Location: Dayton, OH
* Work Schedule / Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (extended hours may be required)
* Reports To: VP of Operations Planning and Performance
* Direct Reports: Yes
* Relocation: Some assistance available
* Travel: Required
Let your career take off with PSA AirlinesAbout Us
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers' American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people #8211; team members and customers alike #8211; feel safe, secure and happy. It is The PSA Way #8211; which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek leaders who inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Dayton, OH #8211; Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here, you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
* Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
* A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
* Medical, Dental Vision
* 401k with company match
* American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
* Company-paid Group Life and AD D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
This position impacts PSA Airlines' operations; using leading, planning and performance tracking to improve reliability and efficiency.
* Responsible for leading the performance, ops and crew planning, analysis, systems and reporting functions at PSA
* Represent OCC in the selection and integration of nextGen Flight Ops and Crew Management Systems
* Define metrics and scenarios for evaluating vendors and work with IT to benchmark different vendors
* Build business justification and work with Finance for approvals
* Develop appropriate user testing procedures and acceptance criteria. Coordinate transition / implementation schedules between IT and Business units.
* Ensure successful implementation of new systems for efficiency gains
* Plan the airline for efficient and reliable operation, setting up the airline for success
* Act as Operation's advocate and decision-maker in the airline planning process to assure #8220;on the day of#8221; airline network reliability. Ensure Ops concerns are represented and resolved in schedule planning.
* Determine optimal spare requirements, mix and location
* Recommend operations planning parameters revisions as necessary
* Lead goal setting and performance measurement efforts
* Lead development of metrics across the organization that drive operational efficiency and reliability
* Ensure that the goals set by AA are realistic and achievable
* Set realistic, achievable and stretch goals for operating departments that tie into goals set by AA
* Direct and drive performance improvement by Operational business units through continuous monitoring, analytical modeling, process reengineering, process control measurements, information tools, and reporting
* Think strategically about the operations and identify performance barriers
* Continuously monitor and measure performance
* Perform detailed drill down analysis to identify root causes of sub-par performance
* Provide feedback/recommendations to stakeholders and drive change
* Partner with IT to develop and enhance data warehouse infrastructure to support reporting initiatives and automation
* Design, develop, and maintain reporting systems and dashboards to track and visualize performance in the form of graphs, charts, tables and scorecards
* Provide core reporting for operations departments
* Act as an analytical resource for operations departments
* Support Senior Management
* Provide data driven decision support to Senior Management
* Act as internal consultant for leaders across the operations
* Support corporate reporting #8211; scorecards, corporate communication, D+ decks, etc.
* Master's Degree in Business, Operations Research, Engineering, Applies Math, Computer Science or related field
* 10+ years of airlines experience with cross-functional knowledge of the airline with emphasis on operations, schedule planning, maintenance and crew areas
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
* Problem Solving
* Communication (verbal and written)
* Coaching Development
* Driving Excellence
* Facilitating Change
* Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: Operational Control Center is open from 5 a.m. to 12 a.m., 7 days a week. Dispatchers must be willing to work holidays, weekends and evenings.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
PSA Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer