More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Bombardier Aviation
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 7/28/2020 8:25:56 PM
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Aerospace is seeking an experienced General Manager for its new Aircraft Service Center located at the London Biggin Hill Airport, United Kingdom.
The London Service Center will join an award winning Network of wholly-owned Bombardier Business Aircraft Service Center.
The General Manager / Accountable Manager has corporate authority for ensuring that all maintenance required by the customer can be financed and carried out to the standard required by the EASA Part 145 MRO.
The General Manager / Accountable Manager is responsible for the operation of the organization including ensuring profitability and growth, development and implementation of company policies and procedures, shall ensure high level of customer satisfaction, and maintain a safe work environment.
In your role you will,
* Adhere to General Work Requirements.
* Ensure that maintenance carried out meets the standards required by Part-145.
* Ensure that the necessary finance, manpower resources and facilities are available to enable the site to perform the maintenance.
* Establish and promote the safety and quality policy and ensure human factors principles are implemented.
* Nominate Management Team members.
* Perform managerial responsibilities, for example, hire/fire, disciplinary actions, PMP, and professional development.
* Establish and execute the Business Plan (AES Master Plan). Develop achievable long and short term goals and objectives, resulting in maximum safety, profits, utilization, employee engagement and customer satisfaction.
* Review, accept, and process annual budgets ensuring that all related budgetary and support materials have been received and analysed.
* Recommend changes as needed which enhance service and profitability through increased repair capability.
* Ensure that any charges to the competent authorities are paid, as prescribed by EASA.
* Approve and recommend major investments by coordinating with the personnel as well as upper management.
* Monitor the performance of the organization to assure Bombardier Aviation Services (BAS) objectives are achieved, profitability maximized, and customer satisfaction maintained.
* Meet at least monthly with the site Management Team, to discuss the business, the compliance with Part-145 (internal audits and QIR's) and the effectiveness of the management system.
* Attend the Management Review that is executed at least twice a year for the evaluation and improvement of the Quality Management System.
* Supervise the progress of remedial actions, and ensure effective measures are taken without undue delay to eliminate detected nonconformities and their causes, and that opportunities for improvement are implemented.
* Ensure the competence of all personnel including management personnel is assessed accordance schedule.
* Inform and coordinate with upper management to keep them abreast of the operation and important issues.
* Consult and coordinate with peers at parent company in such areas as product support, finance, purchasing, programs, marketing, field service and engineering.
* Coordinate and communicate with other departments, customers, vendors, and operators to improve overall program.
* Conclude maintenance contracts with aircraft operators (CAMO).
* Conclude maintenance contracts with sub-contractors.
* Monitor vendor support agreements.
* Ensure CAMO specific Procedure Manuals are established in accordance with MOE part 4.
As our ideal candidate,
* You have several years management experience in the aerospace industry, with many years' experience at a Director level managing a maintenance organization work force
* You have a bachelor's degree in a related area or equivalent combination of education and experience
* You have computer skills necessary to learn and/or operate word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and web-based applications
* You have the Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, management, and contractors
* You have the planning and organizational skills necessary to prioritize, assign, and coordinate workload of assigned area and employees within a multiple project setting
* You have working knowledge of applicable EASA regulations
* You have working knowledge of Environmental, Health Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
ADDITIONAL DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* You hold a Bachelor's degree in Business
* You have several years experience in Business Aircraft EASA 145 MRO at a management level.
* You have working knowledge of process improvement methodology and application (e.g., Six Sigma)
* You have working knowledge of accounting and budgeting principals necessary to read and interpret profit/loss statements, financial reports, and meet financial objectives for assigned area and programs
* You have working knowledge of process and controls required in the performance of aircraft maintenance
* You have verbal and written English communication skills,
* You have the business writing skills necessary to create various reports and correspondence
* You have the presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of management
* You have the ability to create and foster a positive work environment
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.