More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Tyonek Services Group
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 9/27/2021 8:34:57 PM
- The Aviation Quality Manager is the subject matter expert in all aspects of Aviation and Aircraft Quality, quality processes and procedures, and Quality Management Systems.
- SME on all aspects of aviation and aircraft quality; Ensures compliance with all applicable standards, specifications, quality requirements and regulations
- Conducts evaluation, certification, and follow-up audits, both internally and externally, on work performed in support of quality processes
- Provides oversight for training regarding the Quality Policy and Quality System
- Provides oversight for completion of quality audits and ensures appropriate corrective action is directed
- Implement continuous improvement initiatives. Monitors and measures performance against metrics/KPIs and consolidates performance metrics for operational review
- Provides Quality management for designated Part 145 activities
- Responsible for conducting inspections of both completed and ongoing aircraft maintenance and modifications. Ensures compliance with all applicable standards, specifications, and quality requirements/regulations.
- Provides oversight of Supplier quality and maintenance of the Approved Vendors List
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of TSG quality programs while providing coaching, motivation, guidance, and training to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to company policies and procedures
- Ensure all new hires are trained on the Tyonek Quality Policies and Procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor's degree in a related field is desired; experience may be substituted for education on a case-by-case basis
- Twenty (20) years of experience in aircraft maintenance and ten (10) years of aircraft quality experience is required
- FAA A P / IA certification is preferred
- Deep knowledge of AS9110 standards required; Certification as AS9110 auditor desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds and carry for short distances.
- May be required to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/VEVRAA/ADA
- TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA governed Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities. TNC provides all employees and job applicants equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, national origin or any other reason prohibited by law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.