More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Vertex Aerospace
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 8/5/2022 3:10:56 PM
Vertex Aerospace is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility, rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our international presence and vast range of services distinguish us from competitors. We offer our customers a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply, Engineering, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and Overhaul, Training Support, and all levels of Maintenance. For over forty years, we have delivered high-quality aftermarket aerospace services that are affordable and customer focused.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supervise and be responsible for the timely submission and accuracy of all applicable CDRLs.
- Monitor AIMDs daily workload and make priority adjustments as needed to meet the needs of the mission.
- Create and track long range maintenance plans to include scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and incorporation of newly assigned equipment or Processes.
- Supervise, plan, coordinate and direct the activities of the Maintenance Team in all aspects of AIMD maintenance.
- Perform management analysis and workload planning to ensure that customer service and company goals are met.
- Maintain close liaison with CNATRA management to ensure all areas concern/interest are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Aviation Supply Department, Transient Line, and tenant command leadership to ensure customer satisfaction is accomplished.
- Interface with the customer to ensure their needs are met.
- Team with the Quality Manager to analyze maintenance data to identify trends and deficiencies.
- Be proactive in all internal and external audits providing corrective action as needed to resolve maintenance issues and ensure all NAMP requirements are complied with.
- Assist the Site/Production Manager in evaluating existing methods, systems, and potential improvements for compliance to maintenance requirements and ensure cost effectiveness, productivity, and personnel safety.
- Maintain various forms of data and records in support of periodic required reports.
- Submit to the Site/Production Manager any recommendations for manpower, materials, facilities, and capital equipment.
- Serve as the Companys focal point for FOD matters on this contract.
- Actively support the Companys Safety philosophy and programs. Investigate all accidents and injuries of assigned personnel and take action to prevent similar incidents.
- Determine and coordinate the most feasible means to obtain repairs when off-site repairs of equipment are needed.
- Advise the Site/Production Manager of the status of work in progress and coordinate with other departments as required to accomplish tasks.
- Assist in interviews, select, and train new employees.
- Supervise and instruct assigned employees on proper methods and procedures as required.
- Assist in investigations and resolve employees complaints. Be thoroughly familiar with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and resolve Step 2 grievances in accordance with the CBA.
- Be thoroughly familiar with and support Company policies and procedures.
- Discipline employees, as needed, to enforce Company policies, directives, and CBA requirements following progressive disciplinary procedures.
- Comply with Hazardous Waste Program and regulations.
- Responsible for enforcement of the Tool Control Program.
- Responsible for enforcement of the Companys FOD prevention rules and regulations.
- Enforce all Company and Government regulations to ensure personnel safety and the security and preservation of Government and Company-owned equipment.
- Ensure compliance with required Quality Control policies and inspections.
- Assist in the Training Program as required for employees.
- Perform other reasonably related incidental duties when directed within the job classification.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards.
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
Qualifications, and Desired Competencies:
- The Production Supervisor shall possess an extensive background in the field of ldquo;Irdquo; level aircraft maintenance and material support with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience within the last 15 years in direct NAMP maintenance repair, inspection, and modification.
- Of the last ten (10) years of experience in maintenance, four (4) years shall be in a supervisory position that included responsibility for assigning program workloads as well as duties for entire shifts.
- Must have knowledge of technical directives and COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series.
- Be knowledgeable of, and understand, Aviation Supply procedures.
- Shall have worked a minimum of five (5) years in a maintenance/production control position.
- Shall have experience writing with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Must provide references to your experience in the "I" Level arena as well as your qualifications for this position
- Extensive working knowledge of aircraft maintenance and flight operations gained through broad management experience in the oversight and management of aviation programs.
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely on technical matters, both orally an in writing.
- In depth knowledge of contractual programs, company organization, policies, and procedures.
- Must meet any other qualification standards imposed by the government contract not covered by this agreement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts, and overtime as required.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Some travel will be required.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company proprietary data.
As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, is required.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- This classification activity is usually accomplished in an office, hangar, shop, and/or flight line environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with these activities.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individuals to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- May be required to be in areas where high noise hazards prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
- May work near moving mechanical parts.
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other's differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employee, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.